Breakfast sausage patties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bladebuilder

Meat Mopper
Original poster
So I have an issue... The missus and my cubs, arent fans of sausage casing on breakfast sausage. Natural or synthetic.

Me and my hunting partner/brother in law, had some trim left from deer this fall, and some pork trim from the heritage hogs we butchered, taking up space in the freezer. So we decided to make breakfast sausage patties. I used a recipe from Rytek Kutas book. Went with a 60/40 blend of deer/pork.

Ground 25 pound batch.

Put 6 in a pack,seperated by papers, and vac-packed. Made 220 patties

They brown up nice!

Last edited:
What's the issue?  I do the same, but I use the papers I get from Sausage Maker in Buffalo, NY.....looks like you have it down.   We peel mine off still frozen brown it, add a fried egg and cheese on toast/bagel/english muffin and chow down

I'm the same, I always make patties with breakfast sausage.

Never have stuffed them.

Yours look real good!

Al

I actually smoked some of mine....missed the smoked one I got in NC as a kid....these came out tasting a lot like the sausage you get from Cracker Barrel....

Bubba nice job keeping the peace at home.I just did some the other day wife wants patties I want some links,we did both. 75/25 yeah 25 was links.

I used Rytek for years and just started using the fassets mixture,it is great Points

Richie

8 oz. salt
2 oz. black pepper
1 oz. sage
put in ziploc and shake thoroughly, then use ½ oz. per lb. of meat

However, this time, for those that don't have scales, I also dumped the contents of each into appropriate measuring cups and come out with:

¾ cup salt
½ cup black pepper
½ cup sage
put in ziploc and shake thoroughly, then use 1 tbsp. per pound of meat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky