Breakfast...ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Omnivore

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 11, 2019
I had a thin rack of spare ribs left from the pig I bought a while back. I also had some really tasty breakfast sausage seasoning from a local spice store sitting on my counter for a while. So I thought, 'what's the worst that could happen?'

IMG_20200212_144542.jpg

Looks big but it was really 1.75 pounds. Not a huge investment if it didn't turn out great.

IMG_20200212_144856.jpg

All seasoned with fennel, sage, rosemary, marjoram, Greek oregano, chili flakes, sea salt, pepper and mace.

IMG_20200212_180310.jpg

Off the Traeger. These were dying to be glazed with a little maple but my husband doesn't like sweet and salty combined. The things you do for love.

IMG_20200212_180648.jpg

Ready to eat. These were really tasty! They really did taste like breakfast sausage. Just a little something different from the usual rib rub. I also really liked the slightly course texture of some of the crushed spices. You could totally throw these on a plate with hash browns and eggs and have a well rounded breakfast.

Way to think outside the box, those ribs look great! Not sure if you've ever tried it or not but Bearcarver Bearcarver has a thread on bacon on a stick...they are really good too. Just about didn't get any cuz our son was gobbling them up.

Ryan

Great Job, I like that different seasoning. Kinda like Sausage on a stick, only better

Gary

Great idea! Looks like the came out well. I agree with you though a little maple syrup would have been awesome on those!

Thanks for the kind words! I definitely need to try Bear's bacon on a stick. And next time I'm not skipping the maple :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky