BREAKFAST POBLANO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of my favorite things for breakfast is just some chorizo and eggs with a side of corn tortillas.

I thought i would try something a little different!

Started out roasting a poblano and removing the skin. I made a slit down the side and removed the seeds.
View attachment 508063

Then cooked the chorizo and eggs. Let them cool off a bit.
View attachment 508064

Then I mixed some of the sausage and egg mixture with some queso quesadilla cheese. Took that and stuffed the poblano as full as I could get it.
View attachment 508065

Then of course I wrapped the entire thing in bacon! And a dusting of some rub.
View attachment 508066

On to the kettle with a little cherry wood.
View attachment 508067

Ready to come off!
View attachment 508068

Then onto a plate and topped with Cotija cheese, sour cream, cilantro and both red and green Cholula sauce!
View attachment 508069

And here is the cut shot!
View attachment 508070

Man was this good!!!

Thanks for taking a look!
WOW !!! that is SUPER LOOKING ! You know what they say, if it looks pretty it is gonna taste pretty. Nice job and beautiful plated photos too.

HT

Last step for me would be to throw away the pepper and eat the contents and the bacon wrap. I do love the flavor the pepper adds.

That looks plate licking good. I'm in line for a breakfast invite,

Jim
Thanks Jim!
WOW !!! that is SUPER LOOKING ! You know what they say, if it looks pretty it is gonna taste pretty. Nice job and beautiful plated photos too.

HT
HT, thanks!
Last step for me would be to throw away the pepper and eat the contents and the bacon wrap. I do love the flavor the pepper adds.
🤣 thanks Eddie, slide that pepper over to my plate! I'll take care of it!
Yes sir that looks great and a must try !!
912, thanks! Let me know if you try it out!

Dang when you are late for the party there isn't much left to say.
I will say just plain AWESOME and made with my favorite sausage chorizo.

Warren

KILLER! We love stuffed pablanos here too. Cant seem to find any good ones lately, most are way over ripe and gross or super small...but I will keep looking.

KILLER! We love stuffed pablanos here too. Cant seem to find any good ones lately, most are way over ripe and gross or super small...but I will keep looking.
Thanks sandyut! I know the feeling! Really need a ripe but pretty firm pablano! Otherwise byvthe timebyou char the skin and peel they turn to mush! Every time I see some good ones at the store.......it goes on my menu for the week!

Way too spicy for me for breakfast, but I would eat it anyway. Looks delicious!
Thanks bertman!! A little spice goes a long way in the morning! Puts a little pep in your step! 😁

Travis that looks amazing! It really hits all the flavors I love for sure and I would be very pleased to have that for breakfast. The plating and pics are top notch as well!! A+++

Travis that looks amazing! It really hits all the flavors I love for sure and I would be very pleased to have that for breakfast. The plating and pics are top notch as well!! A+++
Thanks Jeff !! Coming from someone that has some superb plating skills that means a lot!
Hell To The Yeah!
lol! Thanks chile!!

One of my favorite things for breakfast is just some chorizo and eggs with a side of corn tortillas.

I thought i would try something a little different!

Started out roasting a poblano and removing the skin. I made a slit down the side and removed the seeds.
View attachment 508063

Then cooked the chorizo and eggs. Let them cool off a bit.
View attachment 508064

Then I mixed some of the sausage and egg mixture with some queso quesadilla cheese. Took that and stuffed the poblano as full as I could get it.
View attachment 508065

Then of course I wrapped the entire thing in bacon! And a dusting of some rub.
View attachment 508066

On to the kettle with a little cherry wood.
View attachment 508067

Ready to come off!
View attachment 508068

Then onto a plate and topped with Cotija cheese, sour cream, cilantro and both red and green Cholula sauce!
View attachment 508069

And here is the cut shot!
View attachment 508070

Man was this good!!!

Thanks for taking a look!
That look kick ass, I bet they were awesome.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Wow, that is top notch Travis! Nice job! I could have that for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky