Breakfast for Supper Day One - Stay at Home order Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I think actually the formal stay at home order begins tomorrow at midnight but home we are today and will be for at least 2 weeks. We are allowed to go for groceries, meds, critical items and medical care. Pretty sure I will be gaining some weight from the additional eating albeit still keto. I parked this in pork as there is more pork on the plate than anything else :)

Here are a few pics on the way to breakfast for supper. Most of it heavily owing to things i have learned here over the last year.

First up will be some Belly Bacon brined with pops6927 pops6927 brine (Splenda in the brine) and smoked with Applewood. Getting a bit thin on this in the freezer. I do have a good amount of buckboard left thought as well as some Canadian bacon. Here is is heading to the oven.

Pops belly bacon.jpg

Next up I will get some mushrooms and onions ready for the huge family size omelet. Sweet onions and shrooms fried in avocado oil and butter. I will be saving some of these to add fried peppers to for Italian Sausage later in the week.

mushrooms and onions.jpg

Next up my homemade quarter pounder extra sage pork breakfast sausage patties. I got this recipe from the forum as well, I usually add extra sage to it.

homemade extra sage breakfast sausage.jpg

Alright got the bacon and sausage cooked so time to get that big omelet rolling. Eight eggs with some salt , pepper and garlic powder , filling with mushroom, onion and Muenster cheese.

omelet cooking.jpg

Last up is time to plate a little for the wife and make it look nice :) Plated up with some wilted spinach that features a little of tx smoker tx smoker herbed olive oil and some roasted red sweet pepper. I of course will be eating a huge plate with a bunch slopped on LOL!! Here are a couple shots plated.

plated 3.jpg

plated 1.jpg

You make a pretty plate J

How does Splenda taste in the product?
Wife tried Stevia in something cooked or baked and she said it was bitter.
Picked up a sack of Erythritol to try in my next cure

You make a pretty plate J

How does Splenda taste in the product?
Wife tried Stevia in something cooked or baked and she said it was bitter.
Picked up a sack of Erythritol to try in my next cure
Splenda tastes great in it and I don’t mind using it for bacon as a very trivial amount of the maltodextrin in it makes it into the final product. I’ve also used, and prefer using Lankanto Golden for the brine. It’s a blend of erythritol and monk fruit with a brown sugar flavor. Awesome for bacon and rubs. Swerve also makes a brown sugar sub that’s moist and good too.

Not sure how but I somehow thought you were from Lakewood. Willard?! We're practically neighbors, I am in Sandusky.
Yep I get up your way from time to time. Often just to hit Jimmy Johns as my wife and I love the subs as lettuce wraps from there.

Yep I get up your way from time to time. Often just to hit Jimmy Johns as my wife and I love the subs as lettuce wraps from there.
LOL Not kidding, had JJ Thur for lunch... Agree, tasty. Gargantuan: no mayo, extra vinaigrette, and hot peppers. Very cool FAST delivery...

Small world. I’m originally from Rossford (Toledo area) sure do miss Cedar Point
Yes, gets smaller every day. I have relatives in Rossford. I could probably trade CP for waves. Big bodyboarder and would be a surfer if I could.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky