Breaded Catfish Pieces & Chips (Ninja)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll take a plate.

I love me some catfish, but I haven't had any in a long time. About the only fish my wife will eat is salmon and talapia, so if I'm fixing fish, I do something both of us will eat.

Thank You Doug!!
It doesn't matter what kind of Fish I make; I'll eat anything but Cod, and Mrs Bear won't eat any Fish or Seafood.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice job John that catfish looks great. They sure don't make breading machines like they used to.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Gotta get the Pennsylvania German Model.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I love catfish. And I really love catfish steaks, cut about 1" thick! Can hardly find them anymore, especially in restaurants...too risky if someone chokes on a bone I guess!

When I was young adult I remember getting them from Safeway in the freezer. Big river catfish imported from Brazil I think. Sooooo yummy!

The Fiesta markets here have live catfish they will cut for you, but they are generally on the smaller side. You can find them at Asian markets, too, but haven't tried theirs.

Rick

Thanks Rick!!
Catfish are the only fish we didn't fillet:
My Dad & I used to catch more than 50 in a night from the Delaware River.
They were all between 10" and 14" long.
Dad used to throw his line back in after each catch, and Skin the Catty immediately, and throw it in a bucket of water. They'd swim around all night without their skins.
Then when we got home, he'd cut off their heads & remove the guts.
Then we'd flour them & Pan-fry them. You could hold onto the front end of the Backbone, and scrape all the meat off of one side with a fork. Then flip it over & do the same thing on the other side. Now you had a pile of Boneless Meat, and the whole skeleton structure in your left hand. Sometimes Mom would roll them in Corn Meal too.

Bear

Reactions: Cody_Mack
Very nice Bear. I love fried catfish!! Add the homemade fries and that's a winner for sure. Well done sir....and I'll take a big plate please :emoji_laughing: BTW, I've searched far and wide but just cannot seem to locate one of those breading machines that you have :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
These are my favorite Fish & Fries too.
These Breaders are very Rare, and hard to find.
I found mine locally, in a Pennsylvania German area. Works Great !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice the only trouble with that at my house there wouldn't be any left overs fo second night dinner.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
LOL---You got a few more mouths to feed than we have here.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bearcarver Bearcarver you ever make it blackened in a hot cast iron with lots of butter? It's too much spice for some folks.

Rick

No I haven't Rick!!
I really never knew exactly how that's done & what is used.
Normally I don't use too much spice because of Mrs Bear, but I could get away with it on fish, because She won't eat Fish at all.

Bear

Bear, here's a blackened fish recipe for ya. It talks about redfish but the drill is the same for catfish. It gives a seasoning recipe but any blackened seasoning from the store can be used or use cajun/creole seasoning. The important part is the blazing hot big cast iron skillet or griddle and melted butter.

Bear, here's a blackened fish recipe for ya. It talks about redfish but the drill is the same for catfish. It gives a seasoning recipe but any blackened seasoning from the store can be used or use cajun/creole seasoning. The important part is the blazing hot big cast iron skillet or griddle and melted butter.

Thank You Joe!!
Printed.
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky