Brazilian Moqueca

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
It was raining and windy off and on today so indoor cooking it was. Had some peppers , onions and shrimp to use so settled on Brazilian Moqueca. A rich spicy broth featuring tomato, clam juice and coconut milk with peppers , onions, shrimp, cod and spices. Topped when serving with cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Peppers are a blend of mild and some hot to give it a nice little kick. I’ll post up a recipe tomorrow when I get my notes written up. First up melting some red palm oil.
B2D03099-AC9F-4896-B6BD-39C278BAA8C4.jpeg
Next adding on the peppers and onions. I had some hatch peppers to use up and also some jalapeños to give it a kick.
1110693C-0362-4530-9FB4-67EB789AF9E8.jpeg
Once the peppers and onions were softened I added the rest of the broth ingredients which include diced tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut milk, coconut cream, clam juice and a little fish sauce along with spices including cumin, paprika , salt and some hot pepper powder
5EA57EF0-B6FE-45ED-A62B-ABF167CDBE89.jpeg
85600305-B986-4660-BB1C-2DDD2E2AC27E.jpeg
After simmering to thicken some I added in the cod and shrimp that had marinated a half hour or so I’m like juice and salt.
7B153060-D13E-4DF1-BE17-56CF236C2321.jpeg
73C39C6E-5200-4B1E-BF5A-A7501BCF358C.jpeg
All finished up and hit with some cilantro and lime juice.
6C150BAA-49C2-4F57-8F46-B8D33254A396.jpeg
9052608D-DDCC-4E6E-879F-8DDF6BD1A020.jpeg
That’s a wrap. This was my first go at moqueca and overall it was very tasty. Next time I’ll likely cut back the tomato paste a bit so it’s a little more coconut forward. Thanks for looking.

Jeff,,,,,, you are a master at this craft. That’s just spectacular, sir. So we’ll balanced, and the execution is top shelf. The rest of it would just be babbling, so I’ll end it here.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks mighty tasty, great colors

David
Jeff,,,,,, you are a master at this craft. That’s just spectacular, sir. So we’ll balanced, and the execution is top shelf. The rest of it would just be babbling, so I’ll end it here.
Thanks so much guys!! I appreciate the compliments especially considering how excellent both your dishes always are.

Just got home from the field and ate supper but that looks excellent! When I'm not so tired I'll actually read through the whole thing but the pics are beautiful, and colorful! Nice work!

Ryan

Looking forward to seeing this recipe, followed by testing it myself! It looks & sounds extraordinary!

YES SIR, Jeff!! I love a good fish stew and make a couple of different ones, but not one quite like that. That'll change when you post up that recipe...:emoji_wink:

Another absolutely stunning meal Jeff. That is a breathtaking plate of beauty right there my friend. Excellent job.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky