Brand New from Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tim1nei

Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Hello, my Name is Tim and I just got into the smoking game this week.  I picked up a Bradley Original at an auction for $60 on a whim and started doing some research this week.  I had my first real smoke this weekend with a butt roast and two whole racks of baby backs and I must say I AM HOOKED!

I followed the sticky on the butt and it worked to perfection, the babybacks I used a dry rub and 221 and they turned out great too.  If I had to change anything I thing I would have left them in the foil a bit longer so that they really "fell off the bone".

I have already got a couple good tips from people and look foward much more.

Thanks,

Tim,

Kokomo, IN

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Also for those of you new to smoking,  Get a good Probe Thermometer as we smoke by Temperature NOT TIME.

A good choice for a remote dual probe thermometer is the Maverick ET-732

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF family!

This one of the only places that you  can say  i'm proud to be addicted to smoking.

Welcome to the party its nice to have ya.. Lots to learn here and great people as well.. Have fun and Happy smoking
banana_smiley.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky