Braise then grill?????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mules

Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
OK.  Here's the scenario.  I've got a couple of chickens that I've quartered and marinated in jerk sauce overnight.  I'm wondering what the chicken would be like if I braised it in the liquid in the oven first, then grilled over charcoal reserving the brasing liquid (after being reduced) for a sauce.  Any thoughts/input on how this will work?

Remove the chicken and take the marinade up to a boil to make sure it is safe and use it as a basting sauce on the chicken when you are grilling it. That way you get best of both  

Last edited:
So you have tried this before...The chickenturns out alright?

icon_cool.gif

Now you do just what the Scar said and you will have you some fine Yard Bird for dinner. The scar's know their poo poo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky