Bradley smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

splash49

Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
ROSEBURG OREG0N
Hello everyone. I am new here found this site a few days ago and all I can say is wow. I smoked a turkey breast in my new bradley smoker yesterday and I couldn't get the internal temp over 131 for some reason. I turned temp up to 240 the last two hours and it went up 2 degrees so I pulled it out and finished up in my propane smoker. This is the first time I have used an electric smoker and I am not too impressed. It does a good job of smoking but as far as cooking it didn't do what I was hoping for. I was wondering if I did somthing wrong or has anyone else had this trouble. The smoker is on my covered front porch out of any wind thanks for any help.

Thanks Bear55 I think that is what I will do. I have did a couple more things in it and had the same thing happen, today I am going to do 4 more turkey breasts in it . I love the way it smokes just doesn't want to get the internal temp close to where it should be. I will see what happens today and give them a call and see what they have say, thanks for the suggestion. Splash49

Bradleys have a "stall" when cooking. Sometimes up to an hour or so, then the meat will continue on till the target temp. If you haven't done so, register with the Bradley forum http://forum.bradleysmoker.com where you can see that this is a fairly common occurrence plus learn a lot more about your Bradley

Thanks rexster314 I will check the bradley forum out. I had those breasts in the smoker for like 8 or more hours and 131 was the best I could get out of it but I am not use too electric smoker I still like my propane alot I will see what the bradley forum has to say and thnk you again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky