Bradley 2 Rack Convection Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slusk

Original poster
May 4, 2024
I just bought a used one and I've gotten most of the troubles settled but when I used it for about 90 minutes today I got the "Err" message four or five times.
There's the removal rod that I don't know how it supposed to fit/ sit. Is it supposed to be pointing up and hooked inside the bisquette hole rim or should it be flat and under and sort of inside the space where the bisquettes go.

Can someone give me some help on why I'm getting so many jamming problems?

I had trouble at first, then it somehow started working, but then started jamming. The sliding thing had moved part way to the front and seemed to be stuck.

Also, do you really need tte feeding tube? Mine is a bit mangled and doesn't fit in properly. Can I just pile the bisquettes there without the tube?

I'm thrilled I found your forums. As a Newbie, you'll probably hear ftom me again.

Thank you sooo much!!

P.s. i did chicken legs and thighs which I had brined and air dried overnight in the fridge. No sauce, just some Lawrys seasoning with hickory pucks. Had to put them in oven for 15 minutes to finish cooking them. Very tasty, just wish I hadn't had to babysit the silly thing

I've borrowed my sister's original Bradley smoker, is your model just a newer version of the original?

Welcome to the group.

Can't help you with the Bradley but someone will be along who can.
Welcome to SMF from SE GA and you've landed at the best spot on the worldwideweb!

Keith

Reactions: DieselTech
I've borrowed my sister's original Bradley smoker, is your model just a newer version of the original?

Welcome to the group.
I don't know. If you have one that looks like an toaster oven it must be the same model.

I used to be a Bradley ambassador for them. What you have is the indoor table top smoker like a toaster oven BS712. The rod is the rear removal rod (keep it) yes you do need the feeder tube so the pucks slide down.

BStb.jpg

I used to be a Bradley ambassador for them. What you have is the indoor table top smoker like a toaster oven BS712. The rod is the rear removal rod (keep it) yes you do need the feeder tube so the pucks slide down.

View attachment 696181
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this is how it fits, not properly. Is this why they I keep getting the ERR? Thank you sooo much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505_105142_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_105142_Photos.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this is how it fits, not properly. Is this why they I keep getting the ERR? Thank you sooo much.
The err might be a jam in the puck slide, the tube should sit flat.

Hi BGKY Smoker again,
Where is this hook supposed to be? Is it yo be where it shows or should it be unhooked?
I'm going to send a pic of what the bottom of the tube looks like. Why it won't fit in properly.
Once I get the bugs out I won't have to bother you. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20240503_150311.jpg
    20240503_150311.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 11
The feeder tube collar should sit kinda flush on the cabinet side and kinda up on the outside wall. there should be a flange in the opening so the collar dont go all the way in. The rod is used to remove any pucks still on the slide or in the back deposit puck area. Do clean any residue off the puck slide area or the pucks could jam up.

The feeder tube collar should sit kinda flush on the cabinet side and kinda up on the outside wall. there should be a flange in the opening so the collar dont go all the way in. The rod is used to remove any pucks still on the slide or in the back deposit puck area. Do clean any residue off the puck slide area or the pucks could jam up.
Hi, thank you for yourcomments
Hi, thanks for your support. Ive attached tep pics. This is as far as I can get the feeder tube inserted. The other photo shows how the previous owner mangled the end of the tube it even looks burnt. I know there are no parts for this model since it's been discontinued.

Do tou thinks it's worth buying more bisquettes for or should I just save my pennies for a Ninja smoker?

Thanks
Sandi

Attachments

• 20240506_153121.jpg
    20240506_153121.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240506_153051.jpg
    20240506_153051.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240506_152110.jpg
    20240506_152110.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 4
The smoker looks like its seen some work days for sure.

If I were you I would save some $ and put the 2 rack to pasture. The ERR you getting could be a worn out board.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky