Boston butt / pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajuncannon

Original poster
Dec 27, 2016
Cumming, GA
New to the forum and new to smoking a Boston butt for pulled pork. I keep bouncing around from thread to thread seeing all kinds of techniques. Was looking to get some input on how much smoke, type of wood that goes well with Boston butt, etc. All the help I can get will be appreciated.

Welcome to SMF!

I use hickory & keep the smoke rolling the whole cook!

Swing by "Roll Call" & introduce yourself, so we can all give you a proper welcome!

Al

New to the forum and new to smoking a Boston butt for pulled pork. I keep bouncing around from thread to thread seeing all kinds of techniques. Was looking to get some input on how much smoke, type of wood that goes well with Boston butt, etc. All the help I can get will be appreciated.
This Step by Step could give you some Help:

Click:

Pulled Boston Pork Butt         

And Welcome to SMF-----
welcome1.gif

Bear

Welcome from Oklahoma.  It is hard to mess up anything if you follow these 2 guys.  They are not only excellent BBQ Professors, but they are the Deans of the entire BBQ Smoke Department.

Reactions: cajuncannon
Welcome from Oklahoma.  It is hard to mess up anything if you follow these 2 guys.  They are not only excellent BBQ Professors, but they are the Deans of the entire BBQ Smoke Department.

I was afraid I was going to screw something up. Luckily I didn't.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky