Boston butt prices

Discussion in 'Pork' started by jamantste, Jun 21, 2011.

1. I just bought my fist butt in a while and paid 15 bucks for a five pounder. Seems high, but so does everything else these days. I was just wondering how that compares to the rest of you all..... I bought it a Publix btw.

2. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    They are around 2 bucks per pound in this area.

Publix has good meat...they usually get a little more than Winn Dixie.

Have a great day!!

Craig

3. Yeah I have always been happy with Publics meat...

4. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Bad news from the other coast.  A year ago we were buying butts for 99/lb on sale.  Now it is 1.99/lb on sale, and 1.69 if we are really lucky.  I guess sending all that corn for $4 gas was a good thing.  It wasn't the change some people thought?

Good luck and good smoking.

5. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Last I bought was $1.69 at Pic-N-Save.

8-9 months ago, they were 89¢ lb.

6. so I guess 2.99 is high.... Oh well, last few times I looked they didn't even have them. I guess they are a hot item here in northern Alabama. Supply and demand huh....

7. so I guess 2.99 is high.... Oh well, last few times I looked they didn't even have them. I guess they are a hot item here in northern Alabama. Supply and demand huh....

8. so I guess 2.99 is high.... Oh well, last few times I looked they didn't even have them. I guess they are a hot item here in northern Alabama. Supply and demand huh....

9. WOW. My iPad is not playing nice with this forum...lol. My apologies for the multiple posts! No how do you delete?

10. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I think the delete button is called an election?

Good luck and good smoking.

11. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I can get them at a couple meat markets here for around 1.00 a pound give or take a few depends on the year.

13. hardslicer

hardslicer Smoking Fanatic

it seems like some super market has those things on sale all the time.....regardless, a nicely smoked butt is priceless!  [​IMG]

14. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just bought pork butts @ SAMS Club for $1.77/lb

Todd

15. rowdyrawhide

rowdyrawhide Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

+1 for SAM's if you have one in your area.  Been pretty happy with their meat and prices, they even run sales once in awhile, and those are usually real good buys.  Case break too if you have a big party.

16. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

We use to see .98 and even down to .88 @ lb. when on sale. Not any more. $1.69 is around the norm, with a $1.49 being a sale. Still under $10 for a 6 1/2 lber or so.

17. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

The u.s.a is the worlds bread basket.But this year i have seen more brown empty unplanned Fields than ever .It's scary .They say Ark planted 30% less rice than last year because of fuel prices.Bush agri gets it's rice here for it's beer 3 miles from my house.So beer will go up and so will rice along with all foods.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  18. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Sams club case price is at 1.48 around here and the case is between 50 to 65 lbs with 8 shoulders. We would see prices at .99 cents per lb about 6 months ago not any more. Pork butts also would go on sale about once a month in the grocery store but now I only see them on sale every 2 months for 1.77 per lb.

joe

19. I may have to look into Sam's club... or COSTCO. I have had luck with thier meat in the past, mainly steak though.

20. butch cassidy

butch cassidy Fire Starter

Cosco, $1.69 was good quality also.