Boston Butt - $1.59 lb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foozer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 21, 2007
Huxley, Iowa
I just saw an ad in the paper where the local HyVee grocery store has Boneless Boston Butt Pork Roast for $1.59 per pound. My first thought was "this is an excellent price" but after thinking about it I'm not so sure. I have never bought a boneless butt.
icon_redface.gif
What do all of you think? Is that a good price? Will it cook the same as a Bone-In Boston Butt?

Thank you.

yeah foozer.........thats normal price.........just hang.........they go on sale for .99/lb........i have been waiting PATIENTLY now for over a month or so.......fairway and hy-vee will SOON i hope have em on sale again......doing my last butt this weekend, that i bought during one of those sales

Family Fare (formerly Great Day-still Spartan stores) just had a $1.29 a pound sale here in Grand Rapids, MI. I grabbed a couple. Normally about $1.99 a pound.
The pork they get is as good as anywhere, although I perfer to get my meat at a smaller butcher shop most of the time. Especially ground stuff. I was a 'production' meat cutter for several years and I have my reasons for that...
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

plus foozer...........only time i buy a bonless, is to make buckboard bacon.......

bone in rox.........more flavor, and for me........easier to cook

i wont tell you what i pay for mine...lol

ok i will

regualar price where i am is .99/lb

on sale i pay .59-.89/lbs....lol

usually the sale is 69 cents a pound

jimmy deans i get for $1 each sometimes or 4 for $5 usually

in the summer, i get John Morrell pkg babybacks for 1.99/lb

i have a good meat store..lol

yup teacup,this part of the country is hispanic land,which means tamales-on sale I get them for 69 a lb,and I have a large chest freezer!!-just finished 7#s of pulled pork & another 8#s cureing for BBB.

i live in the "Hood" capital..lol

crime central but great prices on the meat..lol

the place i go to had their own butcher and they dont waste a piece of meat. it all gets sold so their prices are somewhat cheaper.

the cool thing in the summer is that nobody wants the baby backs, they just want the spares..that's when i stock the freezer with ribs

I usually get them for $1.69. There was a local place that had them on sale at the first of the year for $.99, I got 3 of them. They also had pork loins for $1.68 but they were out
mad.gif

Our Safeway's regular price is $2.69 lb and I wait for the sale price of $.99 and stock up. I always have 3 or 4 butts in my freezer.

Their 89¢ here today so I need to go pick a couple up. SInce I paid $1.29 yesterday at the same store. Go figure.

Got um @ .88/lb at Southern Family Mkt. up here in Huntsville...and you being in Ala., check the Coors Light Display for the rebate coupon for meat...no purchase necessary..$10 rebate for $20 purchase...brings it down to .44/lb (minus the .41 stamp)
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky