BORGONZOLA STUFFED CHOPS W/CARAMELIZED ONION AND PEAR

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Last night I decided to try something a little different. I picked up some borgonzola cheese from Aldi a couple weeks ago and put it to use.
If you have never had borgonzola before it has a creamy texture and earthy rind kind of like a brie or camembert cheese and a hint of blue cheese flavor along with some blue veins running through it.

I started with a good hunk of the cheese and stuffed it into some little pockets I cut into the pork chops. Then seasoned with SPOG.
0617202023b.jpg
0617202023c.jpg
0617202032.jpg

Then I sliced some onions and diced some pears up. Got them into the cast iron to start caramelizing them
0617202112.jpg

Got the chops off the grill when they hit 140°.
Let them rest for a few minutes. The wife made some Brussels with some kind of garlic ,pram and bred crumb mixture and some sour cream and green onion baked potatoes.
0617202259a.jpg

But we cant forget the caramelized onions and pears on top!
0617202305a_HDR.jpg

And of course a cut shot of the cheese inside!
0617202305b_HDR.jpg

Man these were real good! A little bacon in with the onions and pears would have really taken it over the top! Next time I'll add that in.

Thanks for taking a look!

Damn Travis you’re hitting it out of the park lately! Another superb meal.

I’ve never heard of borgonzola cheese. I’ll have to look that up. Is it like gorgonzola? I buy gorgonzola for crumbling into salads and making gorgonzola butter for steaks.

Like!!

Damn Travis you’re hitting it out of the park lately! Another superb meal.

I’ve never heard of borgonzola cheese. I’ll have to look that up. Is it like gorgonzola? I buy gorgonzola for crumbling into salads and making gorgonzola butter for steaks.

Like!!
Thanks xray! From my understanding the borgonzola is made with the gorgonzola mold. So you get that flavor but in a creamy sticky form instead of the crumbly texture. I always get it at Aldi if you have one of those neer you.

A Brilliant combination of flavors! I've not had that particular cheese. I was able to get a Cambozola, similar to what you have, Camembert with Gorgonzola veins, when I lived farther East. I made a grilled flat bread with Cambazola, Caramelized Onion and Clams, but never thought of Pears or stuffing Pork Chops. Most impressive...JJ

A Brilliant combination of flavors! I've not had that particular cheese. I was able to get a Cambozola, similar to what you have, Camembert with Gorgonzola veins, when I lived farther East. I made a grilled flat bread with Cambazola, Caramelized Onion and Clams, but never thought of Pears or stuffing Pork Chops. Most impressive...JJ
Thanks JJ! The cheese is a very unique flavor. It pairs well with any fruit just like the pork does. Thats why I thought it would make a great combo. I do still think some bacon would add to this or at least some bacon fat.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I concur. Bacon and Onions is a classic paring...JJ

Reactions: Sowsage
Nice very very nice Travis. Another excellent looking meal.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky