Boneless Skinless Thighs (Shoo Fly Pie Too)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Boneless Skinless Thighs (Shoo Fly Pie Too)

I Preheated My Ninja Smart Grill for 7 Boneless Thighs.
I put Olive Oil, CBP, Garlic powder, and Onion Powder on both sides of 7 Thighs.
Then with the Ninja on 390° (Air Crisp) I spread the Thighs out with the nice side down.
After 10 minutes, I flipped them over & basted both sides of 5 of them (Mine) with Jeff’s BBQ Sauce, and the other 2 got Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce on them.
Then 5 minutes later I checked them, and gave them all another application of the same stuff as before, and closed it up for another few minutes. Then 4 minutes later they were Done Just right.

So the first night I had 2 Thighs, Taters Au Gratin, and some Baked Beans.

Then the Second Night I cut up 2 Thighs to heat up, and mixed some of Jeff’s BBQ Sauce with some Frank’s Hot Sauce for Dipping, and some Baked Beans in a separate bowl.

This Ninja Smart Grill & Air Fryer is really earning its keep!!!

BTW: I also had a nice piece of Shoo Fly Pie from “Giant”.

Bear

Seven Naked Boneless, Skinless Thighs seasoned & in the Fridge for a couple hours, uncovered:
IMG_7691.jpeg

All spread out in the Ninja Air Crisper Basket:
IMG_7692.jpeg

Sauces used---Jeff's BBQ Sauce on mine, and Mrs Bear's Sauce on hers:
IMG_7693.jpeg

5 on left for The Bear, 2 on right for Mrs Bear:
IMG_7694.jpeg

Last coat of Sauces:
IMG_7695.jpeg

All Done---2 already on my plate:
IMG_7696.jpeg

Bear's Plate of 2 Thighs, some Taters Au Gratin, and some Baked Beans:
IMG_7697.jpeg

My Baked Beans, with a little Jeff's BBQ Sauce & some Frank's stirred in:
IMG_7698.jpeg

Last 2 Thighs cut up & heated, with some Jeff's Sauce mixed with Frank's, for dipping:
IMG_7699.jpeg

Bear's 2nd night's Supper:
IMG_7700.jpeg

Mrs Bear's working on a ShooFly Cake, but meanwhile here is My ShooFly Pie Dessert from "Giant":
IMG_7701.jpeg

Great looking meals, John. That Ninja is cooking everything perfectly. I've never had shoofly pie, can you believe it? What is that similar too? Great job.

Bear, those look great.
I hope this winter to use the Air fryer my wife got and also the sous vide also.

Thank You RC !!
I'm loving this thing!

Bear

Nice I like chicken thighs and they look great.
:emoji_open_mouth: What shoofly from Giant?

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Giant used to carry "Wixon's" for Years.
This one wasn't Wixon's, and I forgot who's it was.
I think Wixon's is better.

Bear

Nice looking chicken. 30 years ago my neighbor made what she called shoo-fly cake. Same general flavor as the pie, with crumb topping, but not a real heavy Molasses flavor or color. It was the Texture that was unique! It looked and ate like a Cake and Sweet Roll had Baby! Tender like cake but a little chewy like a sweet roll, I think there may have been yeast in the mix. It did not fall apart or produce any crumbling when eaten with a fork.
Could this possibly be the kind of Shoo-Fly Cake you are talking about?...Please share the recipe. I've searched the web and found several recipes but nothing that would give this cakes unusual texture...JJ

Nice looking chicken. 30 years ago my neighbor made what she called shoo-fly cake. Same general flavor as the pie, with crumb topping, but not a real heavy Molasses flavor or color. It was the Texture that was unique! It looked and ate like a Cake and Sweet Roll had Baby! Tender like cake but a little chewy like a sweet roll, I think there may have been yeast in the mix. It did not fall apart or produce any crumbling when eaten with a fork.
Could this possibly be the kind of Shoo-Fly Cake you are talking about?...Please share the recipe. I've searched the web and found several recipes but nothing that would give this cakes unusual texture...JJ

Sounds similar, but no yeast. She didn't make one yet---Still rounding up the ingredients.
That takes awhile, since we have others doing our shopping for us, and she just picks it up.
When She makes it, I'll take some Pics & do a Step by Step.

Bear

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky