• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Boned leg.

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
I sharpened up my boning knife & deboned a fair size leg ,just under 3kg.Big 2 stores still discounting so its $10kg .

I saw a butcher on a TV  show use skewers to get the leg tightly rolled so I followed suit.

I cut slits in the meat & inserted a slice of garlic,young rosemary,& a bit of pecorino cheese.

Salt ,cbp ,then rolled it tight,skewered it then tied it. Skewers did help a lot in getting it tied off on my own.

I do this style of thing a bit,you can put whatever you want inside just don't overload it otherwise it will blow out! I kept this one simple & I had some AAA grade Sardinian pecorino that was getting to the end .Just trimmed the rind & dry bits off it used about 12 bits the size of ?? maybe 6mm x 25mm .

Gave it a salt & a rub of EVO & I will put it in the MES now that its cracking spring day & football playoffs. Linda has made sides before she went to her shift at the hospital.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks delicious!

Nice job!

Al

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011

turned out really nice.Very tender & moist. I put the pecorino in it because that was what I saw this butcher of Italian descent do on TV & I had it on hand. It was a nice touch. The way he skewered the boned leg was also really clever ,made for a compact easy to string piece of meat. I think it contributed to the even cooking.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Fantastic!!

Nice Job, Buddy!!

Those sliced pics at the end look Perfect !!
----

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.