Bone in Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eaglewing

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2008
St. Louis MO
Prime Rib on my Traeger, smoke tube, probe set for "me", wife gets more done areas.
250° till 132° IT, rested during the "shutdown", turned out great.

20220410_140501.jpg

20220410_140625.jpg

20220410_174144.jpg

20220410_180531.jpg

Excellent job, the temperature on that is spot on!

I have been curious about that rub. Do you like it?
YES, great rub for PR... I use a spray oil first tho, or EVOO, then it sticks real good. The bark pieces are outstanding... My slices still need a dash of salt for my taste but that has nothing to do with the rub.

Reactions: bigfurmn and Ringer
YES, great rub for PR... I use a spray oil first tho, or EVOO, then it sticks real good. The bark pieces are outstanding... My slices still need a dash of salt for my taste but that has nothing to do with the rub.

Another one to try out is the Traeger prime rib rub. It is very good. I use it on steaks all the time. Going to grab a bottle of the kinders to try as well.

Reactions: eaglewing
Another one to try out is the Traeger prime rib rub. It is very good. I use it on steaks all the time. Going to grab a bottle of the kinders to try as well.
I have to agree, I have that also and it has similar ingredients. I've got a 2nd PR in the freezer, might do Traeger's on that one and see... Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky