BOLOGNA BURNT ENDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Thought I would share one of the things my son Ryder likes to make on the smoker to snack on while we make other BBQ on the weekends.

This is a pretty simple snack and he does a very good job. He even had his little bro help this time.

Started out cuting a 2.5lb chunk of bologna into cubes. (I did this part)
0614201340a.jpg

Well my part of this cook is finished so now I sit back and enjoy a brew while Ryder takes it from here.
This is one of my favorites. Normally its a cheap light beer but I like something a little different from time to time.
0614201428.jpg

Time to get them seasoned up and put onto a rack
Ryder decided on two rubs. One is a mustard rub and the other is killer hogs original (ignore the cabinets without doors...we are in the middle of painting! Lol!)
0614201351_HDR.jpg
0614201641a.jpg

Then onto the smoker they go. About 2 HR just above 200°
0614201930.jpg

Then the boys took them off the rack and into the pan! Team work!
0614201810h.jpg
0614201811c.jpg

Covered in butter, brown sugar and honey. Closed up with foil and back onto the drum.
0614201821_HDR.jpg

About an hour later remove the foil and give them a toss.
Ready to snack!
0614201957.jpg

Pretty tasty little snacks and ryder does a great job!

Ryder and Knox say thanks for taking a look!

Awesome man! Love to see the kids helping. Mine like to help too makes it all the more fun. Seems like we have pretty close beer styles. Usually for me its cheap light beer but I splurge on a nice ale or sour from time to time. Happy Fathers day to you.

Awesome man! Love to see the kids helping. Mine like to help too makes it all the more fun. Seems like we have pretty close beer styles. Usually for me its cheap light beer but I splurge on a nice ale or sour from time to time. Happy Fathers day to you.
Yep, makes for a fun day! My little one just likes to help his brother...and eat! Lol! I really enjoy watching Ryder make something on his own and get to enjoy it...it really helps in a world of instant gratification to see him do something from start to finish and understand the rewards that come from it. Give that Kentucky bourbon barrel ale a try some time. Good stuff!

Awesome!!
That's about original too "Bologna Burnt Ends"!! MMMMmm......
That little guy can just reach the top of the stove!!
He is about the same age I was when I got caught holding a Hot Dog over a Gas Stove flame on the end of a Fork, while standing on a Kitchen Chair!!!
My Butt is still stinging!!
BTW: A Like for originality & Teamwork!!

Bear

Awesome!!
That's about original too "Bologna Burnt Ends"!! MMMMmm......
That little guy can just reach the top of the stove!!
He is about the same age I was when I got caught holding a Hot Dog over a Gas Stove flame on the end of a Fork, while standing on a Kitchen Chair!!!
My Butt is still stinging!!
BTW: A Like for originality & Teamwork!!

Bear
Thanks Bear! And great story! My mom would have had my hide! Lol! (P.S. she broke a few wooden spoons over my rear end when I was little lol!)

What nice memories, he will have those from now on. Great job on that Bologna I love it about any way you fix it, that looks great

Gary

What nice memories, he will have those from now on. Great job on that Bologna I love it about any way you fix it, that looks great

Gary
Gary, the memories is what its all about! Hopefully I'll be able to give them a lot more over the next years!
I see two future smoking enthusiasts there. Good on ya Dad
kruizer, one thing is for sure! They will at least know what good BBQ is! Lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky