Bob's Birthday T-bone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Yesterday my English Springer Spaniel, Bob, turned three years old so that meant a nice T-bone steak would be on the dinner menu. The day began with a walk over to the park so Bob could get his Buns of Steel workout in, he's solid muscle. Then it was back home so he could cool off in the frigid pool, and chill in the backyard.
DSCN1815.JPG

Freezermart was running a special on T-bones so I had one all thawed and ready with a little SPOG sprinkled on.
DSCN2540.JPG

Threw that baby over some hot coals on the Weber for 3&1/2 minutes a side, then let it rest for about five minutes.
DSCN2541.JPG

I plated up the meat for my dinner with a yam and some Cesar salad, Bob disappeared out his doggie door into the back with the bone.
DSCN2542.JPG

After a nice hearty dinner we cuddled up in the theatre seats for some football
Couch Potato.jpg

Then it was time for bed
Bed Bob.jpg

All in all Bob had a nice day, just like every day. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

No way Ray!
You gave that T-bone to your dog!
OMG!
I would have fought your dog for it!
OK I re-read the post & see you only gave him the bone, which BTW I would fought him over too!
Al

Reactions: sawhorseray
Pretty content looking buddy.

Looks can be deceiving, it's not easy being Bob! RAY

No way Ray! You gave that T-bone to your dog! OMG!
I would have fought your dog for it! OK I re-read the post & see you only gave him the bone, which BTW I would fought him over too! Al

Now that would be a sight to see Al! Bob with a bone in his mouth and you with a bloody stump hanging off your arm where your hand used to be. Bob thinks he's a Doberman. RAY

Happy Birthday "Bob" !!! You old Rascal !!!
You're a lucky Dude!! All those walks keep your figure looking Great !!
"Diesel" Bear Jr's Choc Lab goes to the park all the time too, and he weighs 100 pounds, but not an ounce of fat. He used to eat Chucky every day, but they found out Beef is one of his many many allergies, so now they give him Turkey instead.

Bear

As others have said...happy birthday Bob!! Sounds like dad made it a great day for you. I'd guess that there isn't a shred of that bone left either. Oh Ray, by the way, that's a darned fine looking meal buddy!! You and bob ate well yesterday.

Robert

Nice looking meal Ray, and great looking steak! Happy birthday to Bob! Looks like you're both happy and lucky to have each other!

Ryan

LOL...You had me going there...I thought BOB was getting that Whole Steak!
Heck of a Birthday Present.
We don't celebrate Dog Birthdays, because all three are well fed, with Breakfast and Supper samples daily. But Holidays, are when we give the Kids something extra special...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky