Boarshead Cheese Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Norwester55

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 1, 2018
Oregon
Splurged on some Boarshead Horseradish Cheddar and their Chipotle Gouda the other day and got around smoking it tonight. 4 lbs Chipotle and
2 lbs horseradish. 3 1/2 hrs with pecan. I taste tasted the Boarshead HR and Cabot HR side by side and the Boarshead was quite a bit better IMO
but spendier. It has just a little more bite than Cabot.

Reviews I read regarding the Chipotle all said it was Boarshead 2nd best behind the horseradish but I really couldn't make up my mind. I'd
probably give the Chipotle the edge just because I'm a Goudaholic. They're both pretty good though.

PXL_20201111_070113648.jpg

Smoked cheese is tasty but using a High Quality cheese like BH really shines...JJ

Good looking batch, I'm a big fan of horseradish.

Point for sure
Chris

Smoked cheese is tasty but using a High Quality cheese like BH really shines...JJ
It does! This is going into the private stash for sure.
Looks good
Thanks Jim! That was rght out of the smoker. Covered it and left it out overnight and it darkened up a lot.
Good looking batch, I'm a big fan of horseradish.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!
Looks good . Their horseradish cheddar is good stuff .
Thanks Rich! Try the Chipotle if you haven't already. Bout put myself in a cheese coma with it earlier.

Reactions: chopsaw
I’m with the other guys, BH is great quality & horseradish is my favorite.
I wouldn’t share it with anyone, except my wife!
Al

I’m with the other guys, BH is great quality & horseradish is my favorite.
I wouldn’t share it with anyone, except my wife!
Al

I'm lucky. My wife doesn't like it!
I might give my BIL a taste of the horseradish but he's getting an A-MAZE-N tray for his birthday so he'll be on his own after that.
Other than that I know my sister wouldn't like either because "spicy". We went to the local Mexican resturant and she thought the
(medium hot) salsa was too hot. She asked the waiter if they had any milder and he said "OK, maybe I bring you some ketchup?" :emoji_laughing:
I lol'ed!

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky