Bluetooth Thermometers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've been using the Thermopro TP20 for a couple years. It has been a solid unit for the price. I did have a probe fail on me a few months ago. I sent them an e-mail and they shipped a replacement immediately no questions asked.

Reactions: social d
Has anyone had good luck with one of these that you could recommend?

Personally, I find that the Bluetooth jobbers are limited in distance.
Where my WiFi seems to not be as 'touchy'.
That said, the Bluetooth has a lot more pzazz and features.

So in my experiance, there are trade offs to both.

I have an Inkbird 4X (bluetooth, 4 probe), and a ThermoPro TP-08.
I think I do more relying on the TP-08 for the smoker box temperature. (Like right now, it is monitoring a cold smoke session on some BACON!)

Love your Avatar! How'd the steak turn out? :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am smoking a 10 lb rib roast and I do not want to keep opening the door to check temps.

Thanks guys. I am smoking a 10 lb rib roast and I do not want to keep opening the door to check temps.

No, no... You do not want to open the door.
Lets the smoke and heat out and sets back the finish line.
Any of the ones mentioned above are good ones, and have discount codes to sweeten the deal, Too.

BTW, I just let my leads pass out the door, and the gasket accommodates them fine. Better than pokin holes in your smoker.

What do you think about running the probe wire out the vent hole?

Sure, that's fine. The probe leads are rated for the max temperature of the probe.

Doesn't work for me because I run a stack on mine. ;)

20180213_123501-jpg.353694

I have and use a TP-20 at home most times. I leave it there as it is easy to use and lets say my not so tech savy wife can use it with no problems lol. I also use a wifi model at work with most smokes. I like it for the distances it can provide, ie: from my window to 20 miles away. My TP-20 is about 300ft. Depending on what your doing they each have their strong points.

Son bought me a progade wifi from walmart,it is accurate and ran 20 hrs on a charge,you can also leave a charger plugged in,inexpensive and simple to use

I also have the Inkbird 4x and the Bluetooth range is surprising. It's very basic on features but does a good job. I have other thermometers, Meater good but severe lack of range, BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi, but use this quite often for it's simplicity.

Last edited:
Reactions: sm0kin

I run my Maverick probe wire under the lid of my WSM. No ill effects after doing this for a few years. Just have to be gentle closing the lid.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky