Blueberry Zucchini Bread (Mrs Bear’s Recipe)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Blueberry Zucchini Bread (Mrs Bear’s Recipe)

I had a lot of requests to do a post on this Bread (I call it Cake!).
Might as well make it a "Step by Step".

It really is Mighty Tasty, and is one of my Weaknesses. I try to get her to keep the Candy, Cakes, and Pie Making to a minimum, and this is one of the items that slips through the barricade Now & Then.

So Let’s get started:

Blueberry Zucchini Bread:

Ingredients: (Makes 6 Mini Loaf Pans)
Eggs———————————————4
Sugar——————————————-2 Cups
Veg Oil——————————————1 Cup
Flour———————————————3 1/2 Cups
Grated Zucchini——————————2 Cups
Blueberries————————————1 Pint
Baking Soda———————————-1/2 tsp
Baking Powder——————————-3/4 tsp
Salt———————————————--1/2 tsp
Cinnamon—————————————1tsp
Vanila———————————————1 tsp

Directions:
Beat Eggs, gradually adding Sugar, then Oil.
Combine Dry Ingredients, and add to first mix, along with Grated Zucchini. Stir Well here.
Fold in Blueberries & Vanila.
Pour into 6 (Greased & Floured) Mini Loaf Pans, (or 2 Loaf Pans).

Bake @ 350° for 55 Minutes.

Note: Mrs Bear’s Sister Adds 1 Cup of Raisins and 1 Cup of Walnuts, instead of Blueberries.
We like the Blueberries Much Better!!

Bear

One Nice Zucchini:
IMG_3873.jpg

Four Eggs (A double yoker doesn't matter):emoji_wink::
IMG_3872.jpg

Two Cups of Grated Zucchini:
IMG_3874.jpg

All Mixed in bowl:
IMG_3875.jpg

Poured into Greased & Floured Pans:
IMG_3876.jpg

Fresh out of Oven:
IMG_3877.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_3878.jpg

Be looking for mine in the mail. Those are good I know first hand.

Gary

Spectacular! Mrs Bear does a great job at EVERYTHING.
Thank you Bearcarver! A little late for blueberries here so I'm gonna be like Mrs Bear's sister and change it up. I've got some fresh Mangos to dice up.
Jumping on this today.

Last edited:
Thanks bear, my wife makes a pretty good zucchini bread. I'm gonna have to suggest adding blueberries to the next batch.

Point for sure
Chris

I can assure everyone that Mrs Bear's recipe is delicious. Better than any zucini bread / cake I ever had. My wife has made a bunch of these lately and everyone in my family loves them. Thanks Mrs Bear (and bearcarver)

Good timing and great looking bread. My neighbor just sent 2 overgrown Zucchini. Plan to bread and fry some, but now the rest won't get wasted...JJ

Looks darn delicious!!!!

I remember eating this in the summer until I was sick of it. It was always breaded zucchini, zucchini stew and zucchini bread from my grandparents garden. My grandfather took up baking late in his life and I swear he would make this every single day!!!

But now they’re long gone and I miss all that good food taken for granted.

Be looking for mine in the mail. Those are good I know first hand.

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Spectacular! Mrs Bear does a great job at EVERYTHING.
Thank you Bearcarver! A little late for blueberries here so I'm gonna be like Mrs Bear's sister and change it up. I've got some fresh Mangos to dice up.
Jumping on this today.

Thanks Doc!!
Mango should be Great !!

Bear

Looks absolutely delicious, Bear. My wife makes zucchini bread, and blueberry bread, along with others (banana, raisin, carrot, spice). I have a question, though, does the blueberry overpower the zucchini? Or do they dance together in their own unique way? I'm curious because blueberries, which I love, have a pretty good flavor reach in a recipe.

Thanks bear, my wife makes a pretty good zucchini bread. I'm gonna have to suggest adding blueberries to the next batch.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
My only Beef with this is calling it Bread---More like Cake to me!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I can assure everyone that Mrs Bear's recipe is delicious. Better than any zucini bread / cake I ever had. My wife has made a bunch of these lately and everyone in my family loves them. Thanks Mrs Bear (and bearcarver)

Thank You Dave!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Good timing and great looking bread. My neighbor just sent 2 overgrown Zucchini. Plan to bread and fry some, but now the rest won't get wasted...JJ

Thanks Jimmy!!
That's what we Do with the rest of the Zuke---Bread & Fry!! Yummm.

Bear

Sounds great . So did you add this to your step by steps ?

Thank You Rich!!
Yes it's in my SXS Index now.

Bear

Looks darn delicious!!!!

I remember eating this in the summer until I was sick of it. It was always breaded zucchini, zucchini stew and zucchini bread from my grandparents garden. My grandfather took up baking late in his life and I swear he would make this every single day!!!

But now they’re long gone and I miss all that good food taken for granted.

Thank You Xray!!
It really is good---Hard to stay away from, when it's here!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky