Blueberry smoked cheese with other flavors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

driedstick

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 3, 2011
N. Central Idaho
Seen this in the store the other day and thought that I better grab some and smoke it up,,, Had some other flavors in the fridge waiting to go in the smoker,,,

Enjoy,,, can't wait for the two weeks and see how it is,,, 

3 chunks of the blue berry went for 2hrs of smoke,, wanted a light smoke on them the other one went for about 6 hours it was cold out and they were not taking on very much color. 

Had a bag of Orange and thought that I would give it a try and use them up. 

had four of them,,, expensive little guys - hope it was worth it. 

Here are the other players that wanted to join in the fun. 

Thought 2 racks are not enough so I thought I would throw on some butter also.

after about 2hrs in the smoke on the blueberry 

That soft cheese took on some good smoke hopefully I did not over do it 

Here is the rest that got about 6hrs or so of smoke 

They sat in the fridge overnight uncovered,,,, next day vac packed them and back in the fridge for the two week rest. 

I also have to share cause I love it so much but got a new TV for the shop reg $1699.00 on sale for 577.00 Wife is not so happy with my purchase thou LOL

the one on the bench is 60,,, one up top is 32 OH I LOVE IT!!!! 

Thanks for looking 

DS

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Looks great.   What smoker did you use?

Let us know how the blueberry is, please?

Wow DS---That was a Heck of a buy on that TV !!!

How was that Horse Radish Cheese?

I smoked some years ago, but it wasn't Cheddar. It was Horseradish which I love, and Cheese which I love.

I smoked it, and it tasted "Sour", but like I said, it wasn't Cheddar, like yours. All the other cheeses in that smoke were great !!

Bear

Looks great.   What smoker did you use?

Let us know how the blueberry is, please?
Thanks, Farmer used the MES 30 with the mailbox attachment 

Oh I will let you know on the cheese here in just a few weeks,,, 

Nice cheese DS, you have my undivided attention with the Blueberry
popcorn.gif

cheers.gif

Also great catch on the new "tool" for the shop!!

Tom

Good luck on the blueberry cheese,I tried a wheel of Boursin and it was terrible.

Wow DS---That was a Heck of a buy on that TV !!!

How was that Horse Radish Cheese?

I smoked some years ago, but it wasn't Cheddar. It was Horseradish which I love, and Cheese which I love.

I smoked it, and it tasted "Sour", but like I said, it wasn't Cheddar, like yours. All the other cheeses in that smoke were great !!

Bear
Thanks bear,,, Love the horseradish,, one the the best I have ever had 

Nice cheese DS, you have my undivided attention with the Blueberry
popcorn.gif

cheers.gif

Also great catch on the new "tool" for the shop!!

Tom
Thanks Tom, I will let everyone know here really soon on the blue berry,,, I am thinking around new years,,, that will have been 3 weeks??

Ya New "tool" is working out great 

DS I never seen Blue Berry 

We love the Horse Radish Cheese,how long did the butter smoke I have to do some

Richie

DS I never seen Blue Berry 

We love the Horse Radish Cheese,how long did the butter smoke I have to do some

Richie
Trops,, it was really cold out so I let the butter go the whole time also, I think about 6hrs total,, cold enough that the cheese was not taking on any color. 

DS

Good lookin cheese.

I cant find many diff style cheese with fruit in it here, maybe not looking good.

Seen this in the store the other day and thought that I better grab some and smoke it up,,, Had some other flavors in the fridge waiting to go in the smoker,,,

Enjoy,,, can't wait for the two weeks and see how it is,,, 

3 chunks of the blue berry went for 2hrs of smoke,, wanted a light smoke on them the other one went for about 6 hours it was cold out and they were not taking on very much color. 

Had a bag of Orange and thought that I would give it a try and use them up. 

had four of them,,, expensive little guys - hope it was worth it. 

Here are the other players that wanted to join in the fun. 

Thought 2 racks are not enough so I thought I would throw on some butter also.

after about 2hrs in the smoke on the blueberry 

That soft cheese took on some good smoke hopefully I did not over do it 

Here is the rest that got about 6hrs or so of smoke 

They sat in the fridge overnight uncovered,,,, next day vac packed them and back in the fridge for the two week rest. 

I also have to share cause I love it so much but got a new TV for the shop reg $1699.00 on sale for 577.00 Wife is not so happy with my purchase thou LOL

the one on the bench is 60,,, one up top is 32 OH I LOVE IT!!!! 

Thanks for looking 

DS

Crapolies.Have done all but  garlic. Did the Havarti rasberry, they say soaked in rasberry ale. Bacon and horseradish. Spect I better taste the others soon. Bacon and horseradish tasted good on there own. Did mine couple months ago. Havarti, can't remember that brand off hand. Come back with it later

Cheese looks great DS, lookin forward to how the blueberry turns out ! Nice buy on the TV too ! Thumbs Up

Looks like a nice batch of smoked dairy! Not so sure about the blueberry cheese. I had a different brand not long ago and wasn't very fond it if. Maybe because it was along the lines of cheese cake and I'm not a cheese cake fan.

Horseradish cheese though is da bomb! Goes excellent with homemade sausages!

The cheese sounds great. I would put a TV like that in my shop but it would take to long for the swelling to go down.

Have a merry Chrismas, DS.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky