Blood on the Plate - wife issue/birth defect

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
As many of you know my wife does like the site of "blood on the plate". Seems there are a decent number of humans with this birth defect...I dont get it.

To me there is nothing better! I love medium rare juicy red meat. She used to travel a ton for work, so it wasn't a thing. I had steaks my way every time she was gone which was about every week or two... then COVID and no travel...In March the wife is going to see some fam solo - its gonna be a steak and lamb fest - im already planning.

BUT: I have tried many cook methods to get a medium steak for her that doesn't juice the plate. and I have a winner; SV a couple hours at 130. cool back to 38 degrees, then sear to desired doneness. Work for us both with a little extra effort. I will need to make a few more to de-tramatize her from my failed attempts.

I'll tell ya....im soooooo lucky when it comes to this. The wife and both kids enjoy medium rare. Honestly most of the younger kids I know that dont like steak is because their parents cook them well done.....i dont blame them. Who wants to chew on shoe leather!

Hang in there. My Wife was afflicted also. But with steady, well executed therapy, I was able to make her well. Try explaining that those blushing meat juices are Flavor not Blood...JJ

Luckily my Wife likes medium rare to medium. She actually gets offended at anyone needing well done steak or burgers. We had friends that needed everything beef well done, like really beyond well done. When they would come over to eat, we'd cringe. To each their own I guess. But what's the point if you are going to eat Beef well done? Just say no to well done.

Reactions: sandyut
Just say it’s a red wine jus 😉

I like that. A French red wine jus made from only the finest of pressed grapes. She will be so flattered and excited that you went to all that trouble that you wont even have to bust out the bear skin rug to woo her when you want to buy some briskets again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky