Blood on the Plate - wife issue/birth defect

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
sandyut sandyut
Have you tried using the scientific facts of chemistry on her?

Explain that the red liquid in the packaging and on the plate it isn't blood, it's actually a protein only found in muscle tissue called myoglobin.
It carries oxygen into the muscles and has a red pigment that is what makes muscle tissue red.

As it is heated it darkens, the more cooked the meat the less red color retained turning an unappealing gray.
Some meat packers treat meat with carbon monoxide to lock the myoglobin in the meat, keeps old meat from turning color.

We all probably know the coppery metallic taste of actual blood.
If our meat really tasted like blood we might find it more unappetizing.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
My girlfriend was in the same boat until I turned her on to 'blood toast'.
I just make toast, butter it, then sprinkle it with garlic salt. When the steak comes off it goes right on top of the toast so while it's resting its soaking up the juices. It's an amazing, mushy, garlicy bite of heaven that I look forward to more than the steak.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
My girlfriend was in the same boat until I turned her on to 'blood toast'.
I just make toast, butter it, then sprinkle it with garlic salt. When the steak comes off it goes right on top of the toast so while it's resting its soaking up the juices. It's an amazing, mushy, garlicy bite of heaven that I look forward to more than the steak.

Wow Thats different.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Yup that's what the bread will. Even just placing a slice on you plate will absorb the juice and the flavor of the steak and the seasoning used. As said above in post #9 that's what high end restaurants do.

Warren

Last edited:
Reactions: FFchampMT
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky