Blackstone flame

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cbierwiler

Original poster
Nov 29, 2016
Can anyone post a pic of how the 36in blackstone flame should look? Mine seems low and wondering if i need a regulator

Like Al said , try that . Just wanted to ask if the flame is low , or " lazy " ? Should be air adjustment screw on the burner . Try what Al said first . Flame should be blue for the most part , not yellow / lazy . Look at the manual , read up on aeration screw , page 6 note 7 on the 28 " .

Reactions: daveomak
Another thought.....

I had an issue one time with a tank that was slightly overfilled at a local LP vendor. The liquid LP was actually getting into the regulator and causing it to partially freeze up as it flashed over to a vapor inside the regulator (this normally happens in the tank). Clue was regulator was frosted over. Flames were lower than normal and very yellow as the mix ratio was off. Solution was to hold a hair dryer over the regulator body while running all burners on high (still lower flame than normal, but they were burning). Once enough LP was burned off, everything worked like normal. Took 20 minutes or so. That was the only time I saw that issue though.

So check your regulator body and see if it is frosting over.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky