Blackened Catfish With Crab Claw Cream Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. Was in the mood for something different and after all the catfish and hatch Chile posts decided to jump on it

Had the Blackstone fired up nice and hot. And some nice catfish fillets. Once griddle was rocking I melted a ton of Cajun butter. Dipped the fillets in the butter and coated heavily with blackening season
IMG_20200822_185425.jpg
IMG_20200822_190023.jpg

Put some more butter on the griddle and threw the fish on
IMG_20200822_190145.jpg

About 3 minutes or so and I flipped
IMG_20200822_190452.jpg

At this point my porch is smelling amazing
IMG_20200822_191057.jpg

While I was doing the catfish wife made up a crab claw cream sauce to go over the fish. It's your basic cream sauce with fresh crab. Butter, heavy cream, flour, parmesan, salt/pepper, crab
IMG_20200822_195437.jpg
IMG_20200822_195421.jpg

She also roasted some potatoes using hatch valley green from the flat iron pepper company. Delicious stuff but she didn't take pics.
Fish done. Sauce done
IMG_20200822_191203.jpg

Plated up with the blackened catfish and crab claw cream sauce, hatch roasted taters and a Cesar salad
IMG_20200822_192609.jpg

One of the best things I've ever cooked

Looks delicious Jake! Blackened catfish is a favorite of mine. And I know those hatch flakes. I get a variety pack every year from Flatiron Pepper Co. the green bottle is my favorite one.

Looks delicious Jake! Blackened catfish is a favorite of mine. And I know those hatch flakes. I get a variety pack every year from Flatiron Pepper Co. the green bottle is my favorite one.
Thanks Joe. Was tasty as heck. Those pepper flakes are amazing. I'll be getting more variety from flatiron

Man that looks rich and decadent! I love catfish and that crab cream sauce is over the top amazing! Big like.

It's going, going, gone! TNJAKE has just hit another one out of the park! Excellent looking meal, nice work.

Ryan

It's going, going, gone! TNJAKE has just hit another one out of the park! Excellent looking meal, nice work.

Ryan
Lol thanks Ryan. This was one of those meals I wish I could actually share with the forum lol. Was great. Thanks for the compliments

Thanks bud all your fish post was part inspiration for this
We had another trip planned for either Tuesday or Wednesday, but that is cancelled now with two hurricanes barreling towards Louisiana to make landfall on those days.... Might be good days for making more salami indoors...
Will be cleaning the yard and securing everything tied down tomorrow....

Nice looking plate! Great idea adding the sauce, Kudos to the Mrs. I have to look into this Flatiron Pepper Company...JJ

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Dang that looks great, I buy the farm raised catfish and grill them for taco's , Now there's another good use of them lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky