Blackened Catfish With Crab Claw Cream Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whoa Jake!! Definitely seen you turn out some fantastic looking stuff but this just jumps out at me. Love...and I mean LOVE blackened catfish and what you've done here looks perfect and simply amazing. I only have one question: why is this not on the carousel? That plated pic is as gorgeous as you could ever ask for.

Simply awed,
Robert

Boy howdy Jake, that's as fine a looking plate of fish as I've ever seen, big Like! I'm thinking that crab claw cream sauce really pushed that meal over the top, beautiful piece of work, bookmarked to copy! RAY

We had another trip planned for either Tuesday or Wednesday, but that is cancelled now with two hurricanes barreling towards Louisiana to make landfall on those days.... Might be good days for making more salami indoors...
Will be cleaning the yard and securing everything tied down tomorrow....
Stay safe bud. They say those 2 storms have the potential to get nasty

Nice looking plate! Great idea adding the sauce, Kudos to the Mrs. I have to look into this Flatiron Pepper Company...JJ
Thanks JJ my original plan for the sauce was crawfish tails but forgot to thaw them. Flatiron has a bunch of stuff you'd love. Pretty reasonable prices as well

Whoa Jake!! Definitely seen you turn out some fantastic looking stuff but this just jumps out at me. Love...and I mean LOVE blackened catfish and what you've done here looks perfect and simply amazing. I only have one question: why is this not on the carousel? That plated pic is as gorgeous as you could ever ask for.

Simply awed,
Robert
Thanks Robert I appreciate the kind words. Definitely one of my better cooks. Wanted to use crawfish tails for the sauce but forgot to thaw.

Boy howdy Jake, that's as fine a looking plate of fish as I've ever seen, big Like! I'm thinking that crab claw cream sauce really pushed that meal over the top, beautiful piece of work, bookmarked to copy! RAY
Thanks ray and yes the sauce was wonderful on it. Wanted to use crawfish tails which is my preference for a sauce like that but I forgot to thaw them lol

Thanks Joe. Was tasty as heck. Those pepper flakes are amazing. I'll be getting more variety from flatiron
Thanks JJ my original plan for the sauce was crawfish tails but forgot to thaw them. Flatiron has a bunch of stuff you'd love. Pretty reasonable prices as well

I always get the 3 pack. The dark and smoky, great for chili. The green hatch variety, that’s my daily driver. The red 4 pepper blend...great on pizza and Italian dishes. About $20 for the 3, lasts me all year. A friend from Denver turned me on to them a few years ago.

Reactions: TNJAKE
We had another trip planned for either Tuesday or Wednesday, but that is cancelled now with two hurricanes barreling towards Louisiana to make landfall on those days.... Might be good days for making more salami indoors...
Will be cleaning the yard and securing everything tied down tomorrow....
Be safe over there !

Dang That All Looks Awesome!!
My favorite Eating Fish has always been Catfish, and Yours looks Perfect !!
Nice Job, Jake!!
Like.

Bear

Dang That All Looks Awesome!!
My favorite Eating Fish has always been Catfish, and Yours looks Perfect !!
Nice Job, Jake!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks bear. I've seen you post up some catfish so I figured you'd like these. My favorite fish as well. Thanks for the like

0jeKFA.gif

Damn Jake that looks really good! I would be all over that. Been craving catfish for a couple weeks now and this one just did me in. Never done it on the flat top so that should be on tap for sure. Nice cook and love that crab cream sauce!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky