Blackberry Glazed Plate Ribs!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So my wife has been on point with helping me get some primo cuts to smoke......

Today was plate ribs!
310D2A59-3BAA-4590-91E4-FDE2536B9196.jpeg

Seasoned the up with a blend of kinders rubs....I’ve been a big fan of blending these ribs!!!!
DCF2DFB6-0575-4AA3-A7FC-00B847967F62.jpeg

I finished up some work calls and these went on at 12:15 pm 275 275 on the topeRT 1250......
2EF69C43-739B-4364-A3DC-CD447B5254F7.jpeg

let them roll till about 3:25 or so....
5055C55B-7F54-473C-90D9-27DD78AD5D87.jpeg

bingo 165 IT temp so time to wrap them....put the all together in a single layer of heavy foil and the bag on the bottom shelf at the 275.....
916744B8-DBD2-47F0-ABFE-7DC3E7F7A6B2.jpeg

I got distracted working and at 5 I realized that these could be way over IT.....so I run and they were at an IT of 203-205 but very giggly so I put them on a rack then in the house oven at 170.....while I worked on the glaze.....
9CF79E92-4C7C-425C-8D0F-B3FDAF0BD378.jpeg

The glaze.....3/4 cup red wine, foil juices, 14oz can of beef broth.....reduced by 1/2 the 3 tbs of my wife’s blackberry jam....seasoned with salt pepper (heavy) and a pinch of raw sugar.....YUM!

It took about 20 mins to make the glaze and once ready I brushed the ribs then back on the smoker at 275. Glazed them 2 more times on the 20 min and pulled them at 6......happy thoughts.....
EA173A00-45EB-4662-B3A0-B98DBEECF99F.jpeg

So the plating was very simple.....I’m the age that the food pyramid so had to have a veg and bead....pan roasted corn and garlic bread (my wife makes to perfection!)
F242FEF1-F3AA-4E3C-8BCA-F3E9E8991630.jpeg

the close up.....
3D14812E-C35E-4769-ACE8-2F949BC50385.jpeg

so I was worried they got a bit over while I was focused on work so here is the moment for the slice......
7682D49D-8EB8-43C1-B039-9054A636D2AD.jpeg

Oh man......first impressions is I think this might be a new IT cook for plates.....
0DD02118-C1C8-4FD3-A580-90A444555092.jpeg

holy smokes!!!!! The little extra IT temp turned it in to a buttery slice of perfection!
CE4CC1AE-5062-4977-A59E-090F9CBEB40C.jpeg

Blackberry is a perfect match for my taste.....This is going on the MUST have again and again and again page for sure!

I need to have your wife teach my wife shopping haha. The ribs look fantastic and it’s a unique glaze for sure. I’ll have to try something similar

Wow, that looks awesome. I love plate ribs, not a fan of blackberry. That could change seeing how good these look. Yum!

Holy smokes! Looks absolutely amazing! I’m definitely going to be trying that glaze! Amazing cook!

I need to have your wife teach my wife shopping haha. The ribs look fantastic and it’s a unique glaze for sure. I’ll have to try something similar
LOL, she does shopping lessons for a modest fee....LOL!

the glaze is a variation of what GR does for his beef welly. It is perfect for beef!

Wow, that looks awesome. I love plate ribs, not a fan of blackberry. That could change seeing how good these look. Yum!

Well we have done a soy glaze as well it is really good! I also think just sweet red wine reduction would be good to...

Holy smokes! Looks absolutely amazing! I’m definitely going to be trying that glaze! Amazing cook!
Thanks JW! Blackberry is a perfect match for beef! As I said above GR makes welly magic with it!

Reactions: bauchjw and jcam222
That looks awesome as always! And that glaze...oh my goodness! Now you just reminded me...I wanna try my hand on welligtons! Not sure they will turn out as good as some you have done but still wanna try!

Nice job!
Ryan

Civil, that there is one fine meal! Wow, you nailed those plates (ribs)! I like all the pics as per usual, but that first cut pic of the rib…. Phenomenal! Nice cook my friend!

BTW, I’m really liking that glaze as well!!!

That looks awesome as always! And that glaze...oh my goodness! Now you just reminded me...I wanna try my hand on welligtons! Not sure they will turn out as good as some you have done but still wanna try!

Nice job!
Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Blackberry and Beef are just made to be together.....oh and yes it seems to be wellington season, been seeing them pop up on ads and such recently...

Civil, that there is one fine meal! Wow, you nailed those plates (ribs)! I like all the pics as per usual, but that first cut pic of the rib…. Phenomenal! Nice cook my friend!

BTW, I’m really liking that glaze as well!!!
Many thanks Waterin! Its a relatively easy cook but holy smokes tasty!

Heck yeah baby that's carousel material there. TY for sharing
Much appreciated negolien! I get to relive it by looking at the pics myself cause it goes quick!

Those are out the charts good. Great job Civil!
Thanks Brian! I've been on a glaze kick recently.....why...cause of variety and it makes things tasty!

Holy smokes....literally!! That looks superb. Gorgeous ribs and that blackberry glaze is otherworldly. Absolutely superb job. Please give ma couple days notice next time so I can book a flight :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Fantastic ! I've always taken them up around 205 . " Buttery " is a perfect description .
That glazed cut shot is perfection .

Looks fantastic!
WaterRat WaterRat posted awhile back about a blackberry habanero sauce - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...erloin-with-blackberry-habanero-glaze.307115/ - that's also super fantastic and adds a little spice - I may or may not have twisted it a few different ways on pork, with blueberry, cherry and pineapple versions as well!
Thanks KC! A little heat would be a nice addition!

Those ribs look delicious but that glaze sounds phenomenal! Nicely done!
Many thanks XR! It adds just a nice overtone and doesn't over power the beef!

That Looks Mighty Tasty, Civil !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! Tender bites of good ness!

Reactions: kilo charlie
Thanks KC! A little heat would be a nice addition!

The nice thing is you can control the heat with the habaneros .. I prefer 3 in each batch, but you might like 1 or 2 or 5 ! A few more steps involved, but worthwhile!

Again, great presentation!

Reactions: civilsmoker
Holy cow those look good
Thanks tex! It was a very good cow in addition to it being holy.....LOL

Holy smokes....literally!! That looks superb. Gorgeous ribs and that blackberry glaze is otherworldly. Absolutely superb job. Please give ma couple days notice next time so I can book a flight :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert....fly away man! LOL I'm not sure why I haven't done a blackberry glaze on plates before but now it is my all time fav!

Fantastic ! I've always taken them up around 205 . " Buttery " is a perfect description .
That glazed cut shot is perfection .
Thanks Chop.....205 is my new target now! that couple of extra degrees makes a huge difference.!

The nice thing is you can control the heat with the habaneros .. I prefer 3 in each batch, but you might like 1 or 2 or 5 ! A few more steps involved, but worthwhile!

Again, great presentation!

I am going to have to try some habaneros heat on the next batch or two....

Reactions: kilo charlie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky