Black stone Pellet/Griddle Combo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Anyone seen these in the wild yet? Looked pretty nifty to me

IMG_3519.jpeg

IMG_3518.jpeg

Didn’t pay much attention to specs. You’re probably right on the griddle size. Pellet side was quite large probably 800sq in. Griddle is propane

That does look pretty cool, but the griddle is too small. Also, it seems like when some company introduces a new pellet grill (Weber), they screw it up.

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
I like the idea of it but, when you already have both it's hard to kick them to the curb, if your starting off with nothing or a small space they might fit the bill. I am running a 17" single burner Blackstone and it works great for 2 people, might do 4 but then larger would be needed to keep the cook time short, having to keep food warm waiting on the rest to get done is tough. Lot of great products coming from all the manufactures these days, just hope they are dependable, there's not much that couldn't be repaired on any unit except rust. most of that's on us and our storage options.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks pretty cool. But for me like what 6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN said. I’d be worried about investing that much into something so soon for blackstone. Another thing I’d be worried about is what if the griddle lasts for 10 years but the pellet only for 3-5 then your stuck with that giant thing just for a little griddle.

I think I ran into one of these at a Home Depot or Lowe’s a couple weeks back. Blackstone makes some great looking stuff, but seems to get it into production before it’s worked out the kinks. Then they update.

That’s the only thing I’m lacking at home is a griddle. So we use a lodge griddle over the bbq grill. I have a blackstone tailgator for my trailer, but that is kinda what I’m speaking to. I don’t know if they ever updated it, but it is susceptible to wind gusts knocking the flame down unless you put something in to block it.

On my son in laws bigger griddle, well the first one he got anyway, had a similar thing until he made something to block it. On newer ones it seems they have made modifications to the design to correct that flaw.

With the just two of us I have never thought of any need for a bigger equipment. Have a 30" pellet smoker/grill and lot of cast iron fry pans and griddles in the collection to choose from. Couple Iowa Chops going on the grill for a smoke then reverse sear this evening. Very interesting reading about you guys with the different equipment and all the goodies you produce with it.

Reactions: JLeonard
Cool combo and I expect it will sell well. Griddle is the perfect size to fry your onions , shrooms and such for whatever you may be grilling my or smoking. Plenty big for smash burgers and breakfast for smaller families too.

Its a nice looking unit. I am usually Leary of combo units in case something catastrophic happens with one unit..... but I have a combo oven in the house so not that Leary I guess.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky