• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Black pieces of meat when grinding meat

nnolannn

SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 22, 2020
Whenever grinding meat I will see black pieces of meat in the grind. Ive noticed when using the kitchen-aid or #12 grinder. I wish I knew what to do to prevent it.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
What kind of meat are you grinding or is it any and all meat that has them

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
This might help.

I believe it's metal to metal wear dust and the meat picks it up. probably from where the auger meets the motor. I've had it happen with my last grinder, and just picked out the pieces that I saw.

nnolannn

SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 22, 2020
This might help.

I believe it's metal to metal wear dust and the meat picks it up. probably from where the auger meets the motor. I've had it happen with my last grinder, and just picked out the pieces that I saw.
Good reference. I’ll try the food grade grease and spray lube next time

TuckersBarbeque

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 29, 2020
You definitely need the food grease on the thrust bearing and the attachment to motor interface. It'll keep your motor cooler and reduce the friction that causes metal wear.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.