Black pieces of meat when grinding meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nnolannn

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 22, 2020
south texas
Whenever grinding meat I will see black pieces of meat in the grind. Ive noticed when using the kitchen-aid or #12 grinder. I wish I knew what to do to prevent it.

What kind of meat are you grinding or is it any and all meat that has them

This might help.

I believe it's metal to metal wear dust and the meat picks it up. probably from where the auger meets the motor. I've had it happen with my last grinder, and just picked out the pieces that I saw.

This might help.

I believe it's metal to metal wear dust and the meat picks it up. probably from where the auger meets the motor. I've had it happen with my last grinder, and just picked out the pieces that I saw.
Good reference. I’ll try the food grade grease and spray lube next time

Reactions: JC in GB
Meat grinders used to be purely mechanical. Their productivity depended on how much effort a person made and how much time was spent on processing meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky