Black marks on interior wall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mattg86

Original poster
Jul 17, 2020
Hey guys. I was recently given a master build electric smoker. It was in rough shape with a bunch of mold. I got it cleaned up but now these black marks or on the interior walls. They cannot be scrubbed out and the surface feels smooth. Just wanted to see if anyone has seen this before

thanks

Attachments

• 8CAB72A9-EDCA-48EF-B1C7-C5080506A3B6.jpeg
    8CAB72A9-EDCA-48EF-B1C7-C5080506A3B6.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 19
  • EFE9E9D2-7116-46BC-8F30-B3F0FA70CA8D.jpeg
    EFE9E9D2-7116-46BC-8F30-B3F0FA70CA8D.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 19
It kind of looks like some sort of etching on the metal. Assuming it’s aluminum, could be a mixture of heat, salt, and acidic build up from ash possibly. I’m not a scientist, so don’t take my answer too seriously.

Reactions: DanMcG
If its been washed and then ran up to temp for a little while I wouldn’t worry about it, if folks been spraying vinegar based spritze it could cause it i would bet

I wouldn’t worry about it.
I would just re-season it with high heat & smoke.
You should get a nice coating of smoke on the inside.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky