Black Eyed Peas for New Years???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pote05

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Joetown, MO
Happy New Year Everyone

Does any of you have the tradition of Blackeyed Peas for New Years?  I make them up with some Ham Hocks, Green & Red Peppers, Red Onions & Garlic. Serve with Hash Brown Taters & Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Black eyed peas and cabbage w/ cornbead  and some corned beef .

New years day meal for as long as i can remember.

My brother always said corned beef & cabbage on New Year's day was good luck for the coming year.

Those peas look delicious!

Well.... not being from a traditional family, but still having a love for good beans, I made some awesome pinto beans, pork chops, and cauliflower. Happy New Year everybody!

icon_cool.gif

We usaully do but this year we have alot of kids intown so things are alittle heckit around here. Maybe later after they all leave.

black eye peas corn beef and cabbage with cornbread and smoke hog jaw

same thing ever year

and i am still poor LOL

just kidding i have what the main man wants me to have.a place to live food family and friends in a free country

what more do we need

happy new year to all
hopmad.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky