Biscuits & Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
John I make the SOS with dried Beef
Richie

At your house you can call it anything you want, but the garbage in the Army that was called SOS was made with Hamburger, and it sucks. If it's made with Dried Beef, it is actually "Cream Chipped Beef on Toast". and that is Awesome!!
I never had it with Sausage, but I'm sure it's also Great!!

Bear

You have never heard of Biscuits and Gravy? WTF do you live in the United States?
WBSY I would believe there are kids growing up in the City that have no idea what it taste like,they could probably figure it out by the name thou.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nope, live in AUS. Hoping to introduce this meal to my part of AUS :emoji_wink:

Just bookmarked pops biscuits so will get my wife to give it a try when the weather is a bit cooler.

Mmmmmm. Biscuits & Gravy with Ground Roo!!

Bear

US Biscuits are called cookies here and they are normally really sweet and most are choc chip. We will make Pops Biscuits so its authentic US Style.

I am looking forward to making this for my family (probably with Roo mince now! Bearcarver Bearcarver , which actually comes from a place called Orroroo, the name of the place says it all:

This is the Butcher Shop - https://www.orrorookangaroo.com.au/

Where:

If it turns out good then we will have friends around for an American Breakfast treat :emoji_wink:

The members here have really opened my eyes to the great food you guys are making over the Water.

Haha love your out of the box thinking Bearcarver Bearcarver , sounds like Ill have to try make Breakfast sausage from Roo!

Ill post when done :)
I think before reinventing the Wheel (Meal) try it with ground pork,then a Roo for a comparison Hope you & your family aren't near them fires.
Richie

There needs to be a high gravy-to-solids ratio IMHO. Living on the Canadian border for several years taught me that.

Poutine,sweet poutine... ;)
CC I had to dig the pieces of biscuits out of the gravy for the bowl shot.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Reactions: cyderchik
US Biscuits are called cookies here and they are normally really sweet and most are choc chip. We will make Pops Biscuits so its authentic US Style.

I am looking forward to making this for my family (probably with Roo mince now! Bearcarver Bearcarver , which actually comes from a place called Orroroo, the name of the place says it all:

This is the Butcher Shop - https://www.orrorookangaroo.com.au/

Where:

If it turns out good then we will have friends around for an American Breakfast treat :emoji_wink:

The members here have really opened my eyes to the great food you guys are making over the Water.

I don't know why but never actually thought that you guys eay Roo. Great pictures from the meatshop.

Warren

Richie, I just made up some breakfast sausage from left over pork butt from my hot dogs, gravy coming up ! like

Looks good! I made B&G Sunday, but didn't have any real sausage to make the gravy so I just used packaged gravy. Had to settle for fake Morning Star sausage. Ughh.

Sorry for the Hijack, Brother Richie, but I just got this yesterday from a Buddy in OZ, and I was thinking this could be a lot of Biscuits & Gravy:

0.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky