Birthday Brisket w Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cracker1397

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
Orlando
Just tossed a little 11.5 pound packer on the WSM. This is my second brisket cook ever so hoping things go smoothly. Last one was a big success that I am hoping to replicate this time but only time will tell. Temps holding steady at 234 right now. Using pecan and hickory wood chunks. SPOG for the seasoning.

Here's a few pics to get it started.

Reactions: disco
I am also in the process of tiling my kitchen today. The brisket finished about 1.5 hours ago. It cooked super fast but the smoker temp was steady at 240 the whole time. After 6 hours I opened the kid to check internal temps and they were already 190. I foiled it and it finished off at 207. Hopefully it will be delicious.

My last two brisket a have finished in a very short time frame. Why do you guys think that is? Both were USDA Choice Certified Black Angus and looked to have decent marbling. Does that play a role in cook time? Forgot to mention its resting in the cooler till dinner. Awfully long rest but it just finished so early.

Last edited:
Before anyone says check ur therm probes.....
I checked them with boiling water and they were only off 3 degrees. Maverick 732 thermometer

There done when there done. Each piece of meat is different.

Looking forward to hear how they taste.

Al

Finished product....... Perfection!!!!!

Only thing I don't like is its' not in front of my knife and fork.You nailed that one.Points

Richie

points.gif

Looks good.

Often with smaller briskest they cook faster per pound than larger ones. And if you have good airflow through the smoker it will cook faster at the same relative temps as a smoker with less airflow.

It's all about learning how your equipment works best.

Looks good.

Often with smaller briskest they cook faster per pound than larger ones. And if you have good airflow through the smoker it will cook faster at the same relative temps as a smoker with less airflow.

It's all about learning how your equipment works best.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight[emoji]128077[/emoji]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky