Birthday Bash Reversed Seared Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
The Mrs and I are having birthdays soon that end in a zero so we had the kids over for a awesome dinner RS Prime Rib.
The Rib was 11# and was lightly seasoned with Sea Salt and a Traeger beef rub.
Going on the pellet smoker at 225 degrees.

C8EF82EF-C6D5-419F-84AB-789772F25804.jpeg

Appetizers galore

A3EF700B-9ECA-48EE-A9E5-8D5B6F1D5776.jpeg

On the Grillgrates sear for a few minutes

7BFB6C5A-AACB-42B4-8076-450421EDAEEF.jpeg

7798238C-7074-4561-AE80-22506CE4BB65.jpeg

Everyone getting their plates full

15ADA5B8-F221-4BC6-B4FD-4730D5099C19.jpeg

After a short rest several cowboy cut were carved for the guys and thinner cuts for the ladies.

0C11D0AB-0CFA-4F51-BD5A-7C44F64E39AE.jpeg

Mashed red potatoes with garlic, green bean casserole, fresh baked rolls and some Maytag Bleu Chess sprinkles on the Prime Rib. Thanks for looking and the food was crazy good

F8F23A1A-34E5-4B75-A76C-A32ECC485DEE.jpeg

Oh wow! It looks like a lot of good food. The prime rib looks done to perfection. Nicely done!

Reactions: Ishi
Looks like a great meal to share with family. Happy birthdays!
My next birthday ends with a zero (60) and I’ll probably have a pop tart. Lol

Johnny Ray

Oh man that looks awesome! One great way to celebrate a birthday. One bad thing about getting older...I can't eat near as much as I could when I was younger, doesn't mean I don't still try though.

Big like!
Ryan

That all looks amazing. Prime rib is done perfect and the sear on it’s beautiful!! Happy Birthday to the both of you.

Great looking PR but I hope you have a big family. That's a ton of food spread out there. good job on everything!!

Robert

Thanks to everyone on the compliments and birthday wishes! We had a great time with the kids and we always make sure no one goes home hungry.

Thanks to everyone on the compliments and birthday wishes! We had a great time with the kids and we always make sure no one goes home hungry.

I'm up for adoption if you're looking for more kids to feed :emoji_wink:

Prolly not gonna happen,
Robert

Seems like there have been quite a few Birthdays celebrated here lately. I wonder if all your parents belonged to the the same commune. :emoji_laughing:

Happy B-day to you and yours ishi. That spread looks wonderful, and the prime looks perfect.

Point for sure
Chris

Any time! I could leave a lot from a Texas BBQer

What part of the world do you call home? I may very well be conducive to making a road trip for a meal like that...and possibly make it permanent :emoji_astonished:

Getting the suitcase out of the mothballs,
Robert

What part of the world do you call home? I may very well be conducive to making a road trip for a meal like that...and possibly make it permanent :emoji_astonished:

Getting the suitcase out of the mothballs,
Robert

Iowa has always been my home if fact I’ve stayed within 15 miles my whole life. Iowa can be boring but there are big whitetails here in this state and that’s why I’ll never move out on state.

Iowa has always been my home if fact I’ve stayed within 15 miles my whole life.

Iowa? Hell, by Texas standards that's just around the corner :emoji_wink: I believe the university that Tracy went to is in Iowa. I know we have family there from her side, but I've never met them or have a clue where they are. When I lived in the Chicago area I drove to Dubuque once to visit a friend. Maybe it was just the part of town he lived in, but what I saw of that town, it was a mess. Tracy speaks VERY highly of her time there though so I know my experience was probably an anomaly.

ROAD TRIP!!
Robert

Iowa? Hell, by Texas standards that's just around the corner :emoji_wink: I believe the university that Tracy went to is in Iowa. I know we have family there from her side, but I've never met them or have a clue where they are. When I lived in the Chicago area I drove to Dubuque once to visit a friend. Maybe it was just the part of town he lived in, but what I saw of that town, it was a mess. Tracy speaks VERY highly of her time there though so I know my experience was probably an anomaly.

ROAD TRIP!!
Robert

Dubuque is a old river town and I’ve been there a few times and I get what you mean. I live in rural Iowa and the biggest city Des Moines is 50 miles away.

Ishi, what part of the state you live in? From northwest iowa here. Not alot of iowans on here

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky