Birria Tacos!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
First try at these and sorry for the lack of pics… AGAIN! 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can see these being a staple from here on…

Can think of a lot of variations to try with these..

Anyway, just kept simple for the first go…

I know these are usually done with cheeks, but had a chuckie on hand… so went with that!

Smoked chuckie for 2 1/2 hrs at 250*
Pulled and combined some ancho, guajillo and chili de arbol… broth… braised and then…

Dipped tortillas and fried in the CI…

Again, sorry for the lack of pics… but we are huge Birria fans now…

7C57DF0F-BDEA-4CA0-92AF-CBACF4736F00.jpeg

13E3D795-5EF1-465D-B578-3D6EF3AADAB4.jpeg

EC2A6EA7-D3D1-4F03-A452-FB63951DBAD9.jpeg

Wow, were these tasty… it’s amazing how the dredge and the CI cook just takes these to such a new level vs regular tacos!

These were a definite hit!

Thanks for lookin all!

Those look killer! I made some a few weeks ago for the first time. Local Kroger has all of a sudden started stocking cheeks and such. I did them in the instant pot and wow they were good... no pics so I guess it didn't happen.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I made them once and really liked them. I don't know why I haven't made them again.

These have been on my “to do” list for way too long Chris… had to finally try them… sure glad we did! Problem is, with this forum my “to do”list grows quicker than I can keep up! 🤣
Only regret is not doing them sooner! Appreciate the like too!

YUM

When I go to the doc and step on the scale and it gives an error, I'm going to tell her its Justins fault :emoji_astonished:

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky