Biltong, Three Kinds!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Justin

Have you made any droewors yet.

I like to make droe more than BT.

This is the recipe i use.

Ingredients​

• 500g ground beef (5% fat)
  • 5 g salt....cure #1 (opt) mixed with the salt
  • 1 g black pepper
  • 2 g coriander seeds (ground)
  • small pinch cloves (ground) really just a pinch. clove can overpower easy.
  • small pinch nutmeg (ground)
  • 2 meters lamb casings
  • 100 ml malt vinegar

Instructions​

1. Mix the ground beef with the salt, black pepper, coriander, cloves and nutmeg. (let sit for 2 hrs in the fridge covered before adding the vinegar)
  2. Add in vinegar and mix well
  3. Stuff into lamb casings, loosely. Try not to overstuff it.
  4. Dry the wors in a biltong box if you have one, or by hanging in a cool environment with a little air movelemtn for 3-4 days (longer if necessary). The wors should be dry and break easily.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Oh baby!! You got it going on there my friend. Been too long since I've made biltong so that may have to change real soon. Nice looking stuff buddy.

Robert

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Justin

Have you made any droewors yet.

I like to make droe more than BT.

This is the recipe i use.

Ingredients​

• 500g ground beef (5% fat)
  • 5 g salt....cure #1 (opt) mixed with the salt
  • 1 g black pepper
  • 2 g coriander seeds (ground)
  • small pinch cloves (ground)
  • small pinch nutmeg (ground)
  • 2 meters lamb casings
  • 100 ml malt vinegar

Instructions​

1. Mix the ground beef with the salt, black pepper, coriander, cloves and nutmeg
  2. Add in vinegar and mix well
  3. Stuff into lamb casings, loosely. Try not to overstuff it.
  4. Dry the wors in a biltong box if you have one, or by hanging in a cool environment with a little air movelemtn for 3-4 days (longer if necessary). The wors should be dry and break easily.

Hey Rick, I have briefly skimmed over a couple recipes in the past… but now with your recommendation and recipe… it’s a done deal! Now off to order some lamb casings! 👍🏼
Thank you very much for sharing your recipe! 👊🏼

Doesn't everyone? Only loaded 7 loads last week. One night of 3 hours sleep...I'm getting kinda ugly...I need all the beauty sleep I can lol!

Get a job man!! 😂🤣

Seriously, hope you can get some rest my friend! 👊🏼
That has to take a toll!

I struggle with no sleep… if it were me….

232EF853-A682-482D-98D3-8A4FF0FE6F75.jpeg

All, I appreciate the kind remarks on the Biltong… I just felt I should update…

I dropped the ball on this one, big time! Got wrapped up in other things and spaced it! Kinda embarrassing, but it’s the truth!

I sincerely appreciate all your responses and I will definitely do this again… hopefully able to finish it properly!

Thank you all again!

Reactions: Steve H
All, I appreciate the kind remarks on the Biltong… I just felt I should update…

I dropped the ball on this one, big time! Got wrapped up in other things and spaced it! Kinda embarrassing, but it’s the truth!

I sincerely appreciate all your responses and I will definitely do this again… hopefully able to finish it properly!

Thank you all again!
Glad I'm not the only one this happens to!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky