BIL brought Beans/ so I made Ribs and Biscuits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada

So Brother In-law called and said they were bringing in Baked molasses beans , ( so that gave me an hour in half )
so I pulled out some ribs and did them fast and hot

Slab of ribs , I cleaned them up and rubbed on lots of Memphis Dry rub. On the grill at 400/415 Deg. Indirect cook.
with Mesquite pellets in the tube.
1.JPG

2.JPG

After 45 minutes

3.JPG
4.JPG

After 70 minutes, temp at 178 Deg. , mopped on lots of Kraft Extra Rich BBQ sauce , very similar to Sweet baby Rays

6.JPG

7.JPG

While this going on made some Potato Biscuits, recipe from Bonita's Kitchen. a chef from Newfoundland . Very good reminds me of, tea biscuit/English muffin

8.JPG 9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG

Beans were very good . Made with lots of bacon strips and pork fat . Molasses and onions.

12.JPG

Good meal , all were happy . I can see the mashed potato Biscuits being used again .
Hot and fast ribs are great. They have their place , but I also like low and slow.

as for the beans , BIL can bring them in anytime , just a little more onions for me. lol

Thanks for looking

David

Last edited:

So Brother In-law called and said they were bringing in Baked molasses beans , ( so that gave me an hour in half )
so I pulled out some ribs and did them fast and hot

Slab of ribs , I cleaned them up and rubbed on lots of Memphis Dry rub. On the grill at 400/415 Deg. Indirect cook.
with Mesquite pellets in the tube.
View attachment 640158
View attachment 640159
After 45 minutes

View attachment 640160 View attachment 640161

After 70 minutes, temp at 178 Deg. , mopped on lots of Kraft Extra Rich BBQ sauce , very similar to Sweet baby Rays

View attachment 640163

While this going on made some Potato Biscuits, recipe from Bonita's Kitchen. a chef from Newfoundland . Very good reminds me of, tea biscuit/English muffin

View attachment 640165 View attachment 640166
View attachment 640167
View attachment 640168

Beans were very good . Made with lots of bacon strips and pork fat . Molasses and onions.

View attachment 640169

Good meal , all were happy . I can see the mashed potato Biscuits being used again .
Hot and fast ribs are great. They have their place , but I also like low and slow.

as for the beans , BIL can bring them in anytime , just a little more onions for me. lol

Thanks for looking

David
Nice work on the cook, sometimes you just have to work with the time frame presented and adapt.

I had someone bring me a full slab marinated in soy/apple cider vinegar, onions and garlic this past weekend. Also did not have the time to smoke, so they went on the "warming rack" of my gasser on low for 1.5 hours. Turned out better than expected....but would rather had the time to spend the 6 hours doing it right.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks delicious, for sure and ribs in 1 1/2 hour, yesterday I was complaining that I only had 4 hours for some baby backs. That meal looks really good.

Nice work on the cook, sometimes you just have to work with the time frame presented and adapt.

I had someone bring me a full slab marinated in soy/apple cider vinegar, onions and garlic this past weekend. Also did not have the time to smoke, so they went on the "warming rack" of my gasser on low for 1.5 hours. Turned out better than expected....but would rather had the time to spend the 6 hours doing it right.

Thanks Cliff for the like and the comment

Yes , I did not know they were coming for supper until I got home . So it was a fast cook/smoke. I don't mind hot and fast . But prefer to low and slow , just easier on the brain . Don't like being rushed' unless I want to be .. lol

marinated in soy/apple cider vinegar, onions and garli
This sounds good also

David

Reactions: clifish
Looks delicious, for sure and ribs in 1 1/2 hour, yesterday I was complaining that I only had 4 hours for some baby backs. That meal looks really good.

Thanks for the like and the comment.

Yes done fast and hot before, not bad at all. They don't pick up alot of smoke , but some.
Was a great meal, and hot biscuits to boot

David

Awesome! Man I’m not sure I could handle that kind of pressure🤣 you pulled it off with style! Great job!

Thanks Jed for the like and the comment

Yes a little heads up would be good , or at least try to keep me in the loop.
Was a nice meal and all worked out in the end.
Everyone happy

David

Looks superb David. I'm not typically a big fan of sauced ribs bot those look outstanding. Don't think I need to tell you where I stand with homemade biscuits, being the southern boy that I am :emoji_wink: Well done sir and glad all were happy.

Robert

Looks superb David. I'm not typically a big fan of sauced ribs bot those look outstanding. Don't think I need to tell you where I stand with homemade biscuits, being the southern boy that I am :emoji_wink: Well done sir and glad all were happy.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

I myself like to have the sauce all over my face and hands , that way I know it was good... lol

No it was good and yes the biscuits were very nice , I will tweek them as I always do for the next run
They are a cross between a tea biscuit and an English muffin, but I want them taller. and make a great breakfast sandwich
Hot with butter.

David

Looked like a fine feast to me! Beans and onions...who wouldn't love that! Even better the next day lol! Good for you to pull it all together!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky