Biggest cook to date!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
And I aint talkin bout my waistline!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Since I have been pedaling my smoked meats like a drug pusher, I have had alot of requests for different varieties of meats. Some people I don't mind givin some tasty samples to, but the ones who only come around when they drive by and see the TBS from the road, well, I told them, I will smoke stuff for them, but they gotta buy the meat. Its getting too expensive these days. So Saturday is gonna be the largest cook for me to date.Hopefully I can satisfy all the lil mooches, and make the good folks happy too. On the menu

2 packer briskets, both about 10-11 lbs
4 pork butts, 7-8 lbs each
5 fatties of different requested stuffing
1 pan of dutch's wicked beans
1 pan of cheezy spuds.

The beans and spuds are going into the warmer part of the Lang, the meats are all going into smoke chamber. I may finally hafta use the upper shelf, probably for the fatties.

I plan on continuing my experiments on the fatcap up/down contraversy, gonna do 2 up and 2 down. The packers are going to be done in two different ways also, and I'll report on my results of the trials.

Looks like the weather on saturday will be prime for this, with 50's finally arriving next week.Next weekend is a salmon tourney, so I may not get to get my Q fix untill the second weekend of april!
eek.gif

Anyone else doing a Mega-Smoke this weekend?

not huge but i am going to do 2 butts around 9lbs each 2 racks of BB and 2 racks of spares, first time for spares I always go with BB. I was thinking of picking up a brisket seeing as i always never tried to smoke one before.

Is this your first smoke with the new lang?

smokin it, no mines a 60, and it hurts my back to pull 4 butts, I would hafta hire someone to pull 35 !
Yes Rag, but i am happy with the 60, and i think I could fit a few more items in there yet.

Neens, no its about my 4th or 5th smoke on it.

Rich, I'll have to check the briskees for turnin signals!
icon_lol.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky