Big Elk and nice Mulie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Iowa
I was talking to a few of ya the other night in the chat room about elk.

This is a pic of the elk my good friend harvested with his bow in sept 06 in colorado.

After drying out it is the 350 range.

60 yard shot Hoyt Razortec.

And this is my mulie from last fall in SD

45 yard shot Hoyt Supertec.

He scored 147 P&Y

Let me know if you want some pics of the mounts and I will take them.

Actually - I did not go with him on this one. But it took him and his cousin two days to pack it off the mountain. 1st day he shot it and clean it and got it hung. He started butchering it, til dusk. Then packed the cape, rack, loins, backstraps down off the mountain. The next day they got horses and packed the rest of the meat off. This thing is frickin huge! He gave me some Elk roasts the other night, I am going to turn into jerky. uuummmmmm

Those are some sweet pics. Reminds me of all those years that I processed game meat with my dad. Miss seeing some nice racks come off the mountains but donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t miss the processing. Hunting season made for some long days standing on the hard cutting room floor!! :shock:

yes it was a 6x6, and it weighed a lot. LOL not sure what the exact weight is.

We shoot 3D year round, quite often, and go out west for antelopes where a 60 yard shot might be your only shot sometimes. He is a extremly good archer, and very confident in taking those shots.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky