Better than Bouillon injection recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mng024

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Wisconsin
Hi all,

Doing a brisket flat and would like to inject. Planning on covering in my Texas rub and injecting the night prior.

Does someone have an injection recipe for just better than bouillon paste as the base (not another beef stock product added)?

Do I need to worry about the salt in the injection on top of my rub?

Thanks!

Better than bullion is loaded with salt, I love the flavor, but not the salt. And if your using a S&P rub too, it may be too much. I’m interested what others have to say, cause we are always looking for something new! I only wish they made a low salt BtB!
Al

Better than bullion is loaded with salt, I love the flavor, but not the salt. And if your using a S&P rub too, it may be too much. I’m interested what others have to say, cause we are always looking for something new! I only wish they made a low salt BtB!
Al
I believe they do, maybe I should go back and get that one

I've never used BTB only these 2 products and used the instructions listed on the back. Always had great results.

Keith

BTB absolutely makes low sodium.

Reactions: tbern
I've switched to all low salt products if I'm using a commercial product, and not for any health reasons. Salt is cheap, and that's why there's so much of it in rubs and broths. I'd rather pay for non-salt ingredients and add salt if needed.

BTW, when I overnight dry brine I only use half as much rub as I would a rub-and-smoke meat. More is not better when you overnight and inject unless you like really salty tasting meat.

Al

Honestly, now that I have an Instant Pot, I make my own that way that way I control the amount of Salt.
I save beef bones, onion skins, carrot end, celery ends, etc... In the Freezer, once I have a bunch I follow the stock making directions for the Instant Pot and can make stock in 2 -1/2 hours. If I am short on bone, I ask my local butcher and they are glad to give me a pile of bones. My other secret is to put the bones on the smoker to roast them, it adds an additional flavor profile to the brisket.

- Jason

Honestly, now that I have an Instant Pot, I make my own that way that way I control the amount of Salt.
I save beef bones, onion skins, carrot end, celery ends, etc... In the Freezer, once I have a bunch I follow the stock making directions for the Instant Pot and can make stock in 2 -1/2 hours. If I am short on bone, I ask my local butcher and they are glad to give me a pile of bones. My other secret is to put the bones on the smoker to roast them, it adds an additional flavor profile to the brisket.

- Jason
Great tip, thanks for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky