Better controller for Baseboard electric heater with knob on heater

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Push the EASY BUTTON ... and just replace the whole thing... You'll have an updated modern heater that in turn should save money...
Ok just did a Quick Look, a new heater is like $65. And another $20 for the controller…

maybe I’ll ask an electrician what hey would charge to route some wires for a real thermostat. Not sure I am comfortable doing that myself…or maybe YouTube will inspire me?

+1 Raceway is a hard pass here. Unless insulated with foam, a short vertical run to another box for the tstat should be easy peasy. Ideally, you want the tstat on an interior wall but think this is a great compromise. Now that I know all but this are Mysa it's a no brainer. Have a dude run the wiring and install so you have a full system. This is very basic work for a pro, apprentice level.
https://www.amazon.com/Mysa-Thermostats-Electric-Baseboard-Heaters/dp/B09FQ9L3Q6?th=1
Yup. That would wrap it all up nice and neat. I’ll reach out to a local guy and see. He is usually very reasonable. With 8 Mysa already, 9 would make it all so tight!

Reactions: zwiller
Not sure I am comfortable doing that myself…or maybe YouTube will inspire me?
That's actually a great little DIY project if you know a little. Sounds like you installed the other tstats so I would say you got it since you are still alive :emoji_laughing:

That's actually a great little DIY project if you know a little. Sounds like you installed the other tstats so I would say you got it since you are still alive :emoji_laughing:
yeah, not too afraid of the easier stuff, no clue how to route the wiring to a tstat on a different wall (it would be around A corner). Im sure I can find a vid or write up. Electricity doesnt freak me out much. Rarely turn the breakers off on 110 work. 220 - Im shutting that off. Took a few 220 shocks in my youth. Not pleasant.

Reactions: zwiller
Must be a window directly above? Not sure if would help but maybe pull the whole unit off to give you more area to play with. Maybe do at other end? Job might require to punch a few holes in but those would get covered by putting the unit back. I would still fix/patch but not sand. From there you can always take off the baseboards... That is the most common hack. I've made some access holes in my house and others that people would freak out about but as long as you can patch them quick and put it all back together fast it's a non issue. If you got leftover paint, nearly impossible to tell it was even done. I'd use my cordless multitool for most this job.

Plenty of wireless remote units to replace with probably, ck out amazon
Interesting. Found a Honeywell wireless tstat for $300. Probably the easiest solution, but it wouldn’t be on my Mysa…definitely an option tho. Many thanks. Didn’t even think if this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky