Best way to warm this....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
for daughter's office party ?
20211118_220918.jpg

5 lb pork loin smoked @ 275 to 120 IT then seared at 600 to 140.
Vac seal whole then slice and nuke for lunch?
Slice and vac seal tonight ?
Warm whole in the am then wrap and place in cooler?

Do ya have a sous vide? We have put a ham that was smoked and then vac sealed into a cooler with sous vide going to heat it back up. When time to take it to my parents just removed sous vide and brought cooler with ham along with us.

Ryan

That is how I would do it. Guess it would depend on how long it would be in the cooler. Nukin it is my least favorite option.
Probably rest in the Yeri for 4 hrs or so wrapped tight in foil and a towel. Yep trying to avoid the wave if possible

Do ya have a sous vide? We have put a ham that was smoked and then vac sealed into a cooler with sous vide going to heat it back up. When time to take it to my parents just removed sous vide and brought cooler with ham along with us.

Ryan
No but I thought about vac seal tonight then put still sealed in crockpot with water ?
Poor man's SV lol

Since it's a pork loin there is a major risk of drying out.
I would vac seal with all of the juices for sure. Toss in the fridge.

Tomorrow just a low boil if a boil at all in a pot on the stove while it's in the vac seal bag.

I didn't know this for a long time growing up my whole life with a microwave but pre microwave there were still frozen dinners. Boil in bag frozen dinners! Same idea just have it in a bag and boil it to heat it up. Simple, and if you have a thermometer you can kinda temp your water to be something like a SV :)

You just don't want to cook that loin over 145F, that is the key or you will turn it dry as hell :)

Reactions: 912smoker
Thanks for the help!
We chose the poor man SV as they do not have a stove in the office. She will fill the crock pot with enough water to cover the vac sealed loin and turn on medium. Should be just right by 11 or so. Thanks again for all the help!
Keith

for daughter's office party ?
View attachment 516732

5 lb pork loin smoked @ 275 to 120 IT then seared at 600 to 140.
Vac seal whole then slice and nuke for lunch?
Slice and vac seal tonight ?
Warm whole in the am then wrap and place in cooler?
I'm probably too late: depending on equipment at office 'd wrap that pan tight with tin fole and put in frig. If there's a stove available at office reheat with tin fole still tight at 200 until at safe serving temp (jury still out 145 or 160?)
I'd avoid a microwave at all cost (but that's just me) Of course at a typical office finding and inkbird or Thermopro is unlikely.

Reactions: 912smoker
Haha just a growling gut, handshake and a smile Jim.
She said they all wanted to bring sides so she voluntold (us) me for the meat lol.
Mom made a s'mores dessert that's mighty tasty

Reactions: JLeonard
She will fill the crock pot with enough water to cover the vac sealed loin and turn on medium. Should be just right by 11 or so.
Good you figured out a way without the nuker .
We used to heat our lunch up with a 500 watt halogen work light in a cardboard box . Put it in at 10:00 , was perfect by lunch time .

I'm probably too late: depending on equipment at office 'd wrap that pan tight with tin fole and put in frig. If there's a stove available at office reheat with tin fole still tight at 200 until at safe serving temp (jury still out 145 or 160?)
I'd avoid a microwave at all cost (but that's just me) Of course at a typical office finding and inkbird or Thermopro is unlikely.
I should have just got up and put it on this morning and eliminated the issue.
We eat pork around 145° at my house. Never had an issue. I'm working down the road in Savannah today so can't be there to make sure the warming process goes smoothly. But she'll do ok with what she has to work with......hopefully lol

Good you figured out a way without the nuker .
We used to heat our lunch up with a 500 watt halogen work light in a cardboard box . Put it in at 10:00 , was perfect by lunch time .

One place I worked, we had an old 100 cup Coffee Maker. Folks would reheat food in the hot water. Wow that was 40 years ago now.😵...JJ

I've heated lunch up on the engines of brush chippers and bucket trucks in the past.
Yup . My Grandpa on my Dad's side was a Boy Scout leader . I have an old hard cover scout manual somewhere that has recipes that cook the food on the exhaust manifold of the bus when they went on outings .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky