best scallop rub and salmon advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doughboysigep

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 16, 2015
Delhi, NY
I have never smoked scallops and gonna try some tomorrow. Going bacon wrapped. What type of rub is best (spicy, sweet, sweet & spicy, garlic, etc.). Gonna marinate scallops in butter/oil for about and hour before. Thanks and merry Christmas.

Also smoking salmon for first time (have done a bunch of trout). Can I do salmon the same a trout (brine & smoke)? or should it be done different??

Last edited:
Scallops are way to mild in flavor to go too crazy. S&P or a LIGHT dust of SPOG and you should be golden. Use the Trout recipe on the Salmon. Just dont let the IT get above 140°F...JJ

We like EVOO & a light dusting of Cajun seasoning. And as JJ said, just don’t overcook either one!
Al

thanks for the advice. they were phenomenal!. I ended up using a "money rub" (paprika, chili powder, cayenne, lemon pepper, salt, pepper) to marinate scallops in and a little "sweet/salty" sprinkled on after wrapped. I was surprised that neither rub was very noticeable, but they were still excellent. Salmon was equally delish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky