Best places to buy wood in NOVA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

m3pwrofm3

Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
Hey everyone!

New to the forum but I just got my first wood burning/ charcoal smoker and wanted to know where others are buying their wood in the NOVA area. Looking for Hickory, apple wood, Oak, etc. Really excited to crack open a beer and watch some LOTRs while tending the fire :D.

Greg

Thanks for the replies! I just got an oklahoma joe with mods on the way. I'm in Manassas currently, I contacted a few people around the area but seems they only do sales by the cord which is way more than I need. I had not thought about craigslist though, that's a great idea.

Keep in mind your firebox size when buying/cutting wood.I believe most with your smoker burn charcoal and add small splits/chunks.

Keep in mind your firebox size when buying/cutting wood.I believe most with your smoker burn charcoal and add small splits/chunks.
Yep, I am going to cut down the wood to smaller sizes to fit in my fire basket. I'll probably run mostly coal until I get a better handle on my smoker.

I usually look on Facebook marketplace for free/cheap oak. There are a lot of professionals advertising as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky