Best place to buy the Weber SmokeFire EX6?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

splendorlex

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Lake Geneva, WI
I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a pellet grill for ease of use, and I've done quite a bit of research over the past couple months. I think I've landed on my choice in the Weber SmokeFire. It seems they answered a lot of complaints in Gen 2, and I've always liked Weber products. (Still have an older Weber Silver propane grill and a 22" WSM.)

Now that I know what to get, where's the best place to get it? I can get it at a BUNCH of different places, including Weber itself. Any recommendations based on the service you get, along with any extras? I don't expect to get a break on the price as it is currently, but I'm not concerned about that. I want to make sure I work with the right place, and bonus points if the place throws in anything with the purchase.

I bought mine at Ace Hardware. If you use the Ace Rewards program, got me a bunch of points to use elsewhere.

Lowes has been clearanced them (Weber pulled out of Lowes stores) - so you may find one discounted there.

I absolutely love my Smokefire - It's completely replaced my Genesis propane grill and my electric smoker.

I absolutely love my Smokefire - It's completely replaced my Genesis propane grill and my electric smoker.

That's what I'm hoping for out of this, an all rounder that can work in a variety of ways, so I don't need a separate smoker for this and a grill for that so much.

Another plus for purchasing through Ace, is that if you are a rewards member, then you get free assembly and delivery on grills $399+. However, if you have the grill shipped to your home instead, then you pay for shipping. If you don't go the Ace route, then stick with places that offer free shipping, like Weber.

I like Ace and their rewards points. I've also purchased from Weber. If you have your Silver and WSM registered with them they may give you a price break if you ask nicely.
They gave me a good deal on my Performer plus free shipping.

I think I'll go the Ace route. I just signed up for their rewards and the points, free shipping, and free assembly work for me! I grew up with Ace, too... So there's that! Used to buy NES games there back in the day.

I think I'll go the Ace route. I just signed up for their rewards and the points, free shipping, and free assembly work for me! I grew up with Ace, too... So there's that! Used to buy NES games there back in the day.

I would recommend self assembly if you’re handy in any way shape or form. Or find out who’s going to do the assembly.

Just another vote for assembling it yourself. All you need is a screwdriver and an extra set of hands when you turn it right side up. There's an app called BILT for your phone that takes you step by step. That way you'll know that it was put together properly and not by someone at the store that does it half assed.
That said, you'll love the smoker. There is a slight learning curve you must master.

Just another vote for assembling it yourself. All you need is a screwdriver and an extra set of hands when you turn it right side up. There's an app called BILT for your phone that takes you step by step. That way you'll know that it was put together properly and not by someone at the store that does it half assed.
That said, you'll love the smoker. There is a slight learning curve you must master.
Yeah, I don't have any problems assembling myself. That's what I'll probably do.

I'm certainly a fan of Ace . My Performer came from them .
I bought my EX4 from Weber thru Amazon . I like to assemble myself .
The thing about doing the SmokeFire yourself is there are things you'll need to know later for replacing glow plugs , or taking apart for cleaning . If you do it out of the box , you'll already have an idea or know how it goes .
I have no doubt you're gonna love it .

I just pulled the trigger on this, decided in the end to go with the EX4 instead, and also added the front shelf. I did order from Ace and will assemble myself, but having it delivered. I should have it in the middle of the week!

Everytime I see a Smokefire thread I kick myself in the backside for not getting one when Weber was selling them for $200 under cost last Summer.

Enjoy and post up pics.

I just pulled the trigger on this, decided in the end to go with the EX4 instead, and also added the front shelf. I did order from Ace and will assemble myself, but having it delivered. I should have it in the middle of the week!
You won't be sorry . Plenty of room on it . The assembly is color coded , which you lose after a couple cooks . So it's good to have an idea of what's what .

Everytime I see a Smokefire thread I kick myself in the backside for not getting one when Weber was selling them for $200 under cost last Summer.
Lowes cleared them out , but still have a display model on the floor . It's back to full price , but I'd love to see what they would actually take for it .

This is one time I didn't mind paying full price. We just picked up a travel rewards card that we want to hit a spend threshold to get a whole mess of bonus miles. I told my wife I'd take one for the team here. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky