Best in smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No, I mean the chefs are required to do their job in 4 hours in this episode. I gotta admit the first thing that came to my mind was ABT's

You have some of the worlds best smokers on your show and you handicap them by making them race to a truck to grab meat then limit them to 4 hours??? Then on top of that you have to turn in 1 bite for each judge? Easy way to dry out any meat.

th_HaHAAHaa.gif
That's cable for ya. 

Last edited:
You have some of the worlds best smokers on your show and you handicap them by making them race to a truck to grab meat then limit them to 4 hours??? Then on top of that you have to turn in 1 bite for each judge? Easy way to dry out any meat.
Even a Bobby Flay Throwdown is a littl more fair...just saying.

Yeah, that was a bit ridiculous. Four hours? I would have gone for the salmon or the steak I guess. They have the magic of TV on their side, so they don't need to limit these chefs so much. Hopefully the cooks get more time in the upcoming episodes. Does Food Network know the definition of Bar-B-Q???

If that show sucked any more you could use it for a vacuum cleaner...
icon13.gif

I thought the most unfair part was they only had a couple of pieces of each meat, so the slow guy got stuck with whatever was left.

Yea I felt bad for famous Dave. There was no way he could out run any of them. Another failed attempt at a BBQ show, but I'll watch it.

Yeah I watched it and will continue watching it because I tend to mostly watch food shows (PBS Rocks) but this show is very lame as with all Food Network shows these days (MTV but food). I wish they would bring back Pitmasters Season 1 style. That was a fun show to watch.

My guess is that the show is oriented toward apartment-dwelling city slickers.  The show should be titled, "Best in Grilling...."  If you've ever had "BBQ" in NYC, you'll understand their mindset.

Famous Dave was one of the first into the truck after the sprint.  So maybe they draw straws.  Or, his massive girth made it impossible for the others to pass him
36.gif

Not what I think of then I hear BBQ. I like to hear their thought process as they are putting this all together on the fly. 

You would think with all the smoked meat enthusiasts out there, someone could come up with a decent show. My God, just look at all the sponsers that would be interested I would think. What say you Jeff?

I wasted an hour waiting for that show to get better, and it didn't.  I won't waste any more time on it.  I agree that the food network has greatly gone downhill.  They are obviously targeting different demographic groups these days.  I mean cupcake wars?  What the .......? There are better shows on PBS, just not enough of them.

Good luck and good smoking!

I wasted an hour waiting for that show to get better, and it didn't.  I won't waste any more time on it.  I agree that the food network has greatly gone downhill.  They are obviously targeting different demographic groups these days.  I mean cupcake wars?  What the .......? There are better shows on PBS, just not enough of them.

Good luck and good smoking!
So i shouldnt even bother? delete from the DVR?......LOL i'll give it a try and see whats up. My question is why not have your everyday backyard Q'er be on the show? they already have been established in the resturant biz

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky