Best higher end vac sealer for home use?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sausageboy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
New York State
I've went through a handful of Foodsavers, I've finally grown a brain (LOL) and I'm now looking for something that'll last a long time (hopefully).

I'm looking at the Pro-2300.

Any experience with this model or can you make another recommendation?

Thank Ya!

Last edited:
I use the V3460 from food-saver. It has held up very well, and I use it allot. That's my recommendation. Check out the classifieds for a good deal on 1.

icon_cool.gif

I also have worn out a food saver system but I'm now on my second one and it's holding up pretty darn good so far and it's been over a year or more. I have never seen the model that your looking for but If I do I'll let you know.

Im looking at the same one and one just like it at cabela's. They get extremely good reviews.

My foodsaver works fine for me, but I only use it a few times a month.

The one your looking at looks to be a very nice machine & the reviews are mostly positive.

Originally Posted by SausageBoy  

I'm looking at the Pro-2300.
That looks very very similar to the one I got at cabelas (bargain cave and had a coupon, woo-hooo!)

fwiw, I vac seal several deer with it every year, I've been very happy with it.

If they are basically the same machine (same internals?) then I'd say its pretty good.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home...um-sealers/_/N-1101302&WTz_l=SEO;cat104668380

Yeah, I burned out 2 of the less expensive homeowner models before I got this one.

For you guys who burn out the FoodSavers...How often/much do you use them to burn them out? I have one on order...it was a killer deal...and Im concerned that Im gonna kill this thing fast. 

Chris

For you guys who burn out the FoodSavers...How often/much do you use them to burn them out? I have one on order...it was a killer deal...and Im concerned that Im gonna kill this thing fast. 

Chris

IMO the reason they burn out is how we use them. Most foodsaver models are only designed to be used a few times before you need to let it cool. They aren't designed for constant use. I know when Im making a big batch of sausage ill fill the bags then start sealing. Could be 20-30 bags that I need to do in a row.

I think if you using it on a smaller scale the foodsaves will be fine.

IMO the reason they burn out is how we use them. Most foodsaver models are only designed to be used a few times before you need to let it cool. They aren't designed for constant use. I know when Im making a big batch of sausage ill fill the bags then start sealing. Could be 20-30 bags that I need to do in a row.
Gotcha, great thanks for the response and ill keep in mind to space out the seals if i have a large amount to do. 

Chris

Gotcha, great thanks for the response and ill keep in mind to space out the seals if i have a large amount to do. 

Chris

If I remember correctly they list that information in the specs somewhere as to how many in a row you can do. Atleast they did when I was researching them about a year ago.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky